Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fine piece of machinery Tim. It will be hard not to want to cut a lot of firewood with that one. Mine should be coming together soon.

Did you start your hunt for the even more formidable 670...oh...about 5 min. after you made that cut? I've always been on the lookout for an clean/affordable one out here. Fellows don't want to give them up. At least the smart ones.

I just finished going through one of my 670s and was going to put it on the tradin post in Sept. If anyone is interested send me a PM and I can send you pictures and details. I have several of these (guess that makes me smart ?;) ) but the biggest wood I cut these days can be done with a 2159!

This one is a Champ model from 1993 and it is a great runner, average looker. Full wrap with a velocity stack and K&N filter.

100_6376.JPG

I just finished going through one of my 670s and was going to put it on the tradin post in Sept. If anyone is interested send me a PM and I can send you pictures and details. I have several of these (guess that makes me smart ?;) ) but the biggest wood I cut these days can be done with a 2159!

This one is a Champ model from 1993 and it is a great runner, average looker. Full wrap with a velocity stack and K&N filter.

View attachment 433031

What brands are the cylinders of your 670s?

I'm looking for a wrist pin bearing for a jonsered 920! If someone has a spare or could point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Ok that's what I'm thinking also! I'll get my meter stick out this weekend and double check! Thank you for the info and the help!

Cargo Largo overstock liquidators Independence, Mo. $7.99. Mo. Jim picked some up.
They sell on evilbay also.

Oiler adjustment?? How far open from full clockwise?
I'm on three clicks (3/4 turn). Still not much flow. Whole system was cleaned.

The oiler adjustment is from the bottom of the saw. Not like a 630/670.
But, I suspect it to be a one turn limit. That is, you get back to first click on a full turn.

Sorry about that Carl. I looked in the owner's manual for the CS2171 and here's what it says there.

The oil pump is adjustable. Adjustments are made by turning the screw using a screwdriver or combination spanner. The machine is supplied from the factory set to 1 turn open. Turning the screw clockwise will reduce the oil flow and turning the screw anti-clockwise will increase the oil flow.
Recommended settings: These recommendations apply to JONSERED chain oil, for other chain oils increase the oil flow by one step. ! WARNING! The engine must not be running when making adjustments.
Bar -15": 1 turn from the closed position.
Bar 15" -18": 2 turns from the closed position.
Bar 18" -24": 3 turns from the closed position.
Bar 24" -: 4 turns from the closed position.

My 266 and 630 manual say 2 for 15" and over 18" 3 or 4. I would crank it up to 4. Even at 2 with a 16" bar the 630 was not pumping much oil.

Tim, mine (625) is very healthy at 3. And, if the amount of gunk caked onto my other two carcasses indicate anything, I would be inclinded to think those are strong pumps when opened all the way. Did you pull that pump apart?

I turned it up to 3 and it's good now. I guess I tend to compare oilers to the old stuff which kind of hurled oil. The larger P series, 801 Jonsereds, Poulan 4200 / 5200 and the 70's Homelites. Even my Super Mini has the same pump as your XL-76 with a manual oiler as well. would likely oil a 24" bar no problem. Maybe the old saws oiled like crazy as SAE 10 to 30 oils didn't stick too well.

I haven't pulled the pump apart as I intend to replace the crank seals and "O" rings and I'll check the pick line and filter and clean it out as well.

Latest posts

Back