Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will snipe over a thousand. Above a thousand, I've been miserably off in guessing with this saw.

I'll guess $1,150 for fun.;)

Kevin
In all fairness what the final price ends up being is not what it's worth as much as what someone is willing to pay!!!
That makes it almost impossible to guess the price.........I watched one years ago......beautiful saw.....raced up to the max.....wild looking rig, removable cyl head...piped exhaust etc. Everything done to perfection...everything spit and polished...nice paint and decals. A true work of art..........sold for $800.00.......you could not have done the machine work alone for three times that!!!

In all fairness what the final price ends up being is not what it's worth as much as what someone is willing to pay!!!
That makes it almost impossible to guess the price.........I watched one years ago......beautiful saw.....raced up to the max.....wild looking rig, removable cyl head...piped exhaust etc. Everything done to perfection...everything spit and polished...nice paint and decals. A true work of art..........sold for $800.00.......you could not have done the machine work alone for three times that!!!
Agreed....it all has to do with who is watching at the time and a perceived 'need'. The 111/111S is a very fickle market. It seemed that after a few sold high, then any others immediately after....suffered. But that's not written in stone either. Then we could argue that if they had waited until Thanksgiving, they might get more.....but that's not necessarily an absolute either.

It's stories of the sleepers that go through for dirt that keep everyone coming back for a 'deal'.....like the saw you noted. Same in all the other vintage hobbies I know about. Sometimes, real bargains slip through. It used to happen all the time like in a description of a saw when it's really another model altogether etc. We've all seen those mistakes.........

I used to thrive on sellers coming in and saying it was their dad's/grandpa's saw and they'd get everything wrong about the saw. Or an estate saw that's just being flipped "as is". Rarely do those saws bring top dollar unless they're obviously low-hr and you can assume you have to replace rotten fuel lines and leaking crank seals..... because the price is right.

Kevin

I just looked to see how much the 111 brought - $1501! Unbelieveable!
$1,576.00 delivered to the buyer. Spendy used saw with no B&C me thinks!! Again interesting to watch!!

It is unbelievable! Pre-Xmas bidding frenzy I'm guessing.

Wow.....seller has to pay eBay about $307 in fees.....go fleabay.:p

Shipping fees, unless a flat fee is stated by the seller, depend on where the saw goes. Saw is located in WA so to me here in WA it was calculated @$75. Going across the country would be twice that at least....unless I'm missing something?

It says "Standard Shipping" on the bid page for the buyer, but I think that means not priority or something faster. So $75 would indicate it probably went to someone with a WA zip code?

Kevin

$1,576.00 delivered to the buyer. Spendy used saw with no B&C me thinks!! Again interesting to watch!!
A question please for the Jred gurus.. In searching for carbs and or parts for Jreds.. I read they are not interchangeable. Yet the list from Discount Marine Parts lists rebuild carb kit numbers the same for all three.. ( 670, 630V, and 625). Where would be the best place to get either complete carbs or rebuild kits ? Tillotsons. Would like to get my paws on a few other things such as the air cleaner mounts and gaskets.

A question please for the Jred gurus.. In searching for carbs and or parts for Jreds.. I read they are not interchangeable. Yet the list from Discount Marine Parts lists rebuild carb kit numbers the same for all three.. ( 670, 630V, and 625). Where would be the best place to get either complete carbs or rebuild kits ? Tillotsons. Would like to get my paws on a few other things such as the air cleaner mounts and gaskets.
Acres lists the carbs that came on the saws. If it's a Tilly he will say what model. Then....start searching fleaby for real Tillotson carb kits for that model. It didn't use to make any difference on aftermarket kits if they were the correct ones. Now that China is a major player, it does.

I never found any issue buying/finding real Tilly kits other than price and the difference isn't that great. Even found one readily for the Tilly on the 111S.

Be aware that there is NO support for older J'red, non-Husky clone saws. You hunt for NOS, and used parts vendors or you beg/borrow/steal from your chainsaw brethren.

Kevin

They don't interchange as such- due to the bits you cannot kit fix, like bore diameters, jet sizes etc- the needle valves, gaskets and diaphragms are all pretty similar.

Acres lists the carbs that came on the saws. If it's a Tilly he will say what model. Then....start searching fleaby for real Tillotson carb kits for that model. It didn't use to make any difference on aftermarket kits if they were the correct ones. Now that China is a major player, it does.

I never found any issue buying/finding real Tilly kits other than price and the difference isn't that great. Even found one readily for the Tilly on the 111S.

Be aware that there is NO support for older J'red, non-Husky clone saws. You hunt for NOS, and used parts vendors or you beg/borrow/steal from your chainsaw brethren.

Kevin
Thanx for the scoop.. I'm not familiar with Acres. Will have to search.

It is unbelievable! Pre-Xmas bidding frenzy I'm guessing.

Wow.....seller has to pay eBay about $307 in fees.....go fleabay.:p

Shipping fees, unless a flat fee is stated by the seller, depend on where the saw goes. Saw is located in WA so to me here in WA it was calculated @$75. Going across the country would be twice that at least....unless I'm missing something?

It says "Standard Shipping" on the bid page for the buyer, but I think that means not priority or something faster. So $75 would indicate it probably went to someone with a WA zip code?

Kevin
It was listed to me.......way over here at $75.00 as well

Looking for a chip guard for my 630 West Coast and can't seem to find the correct one .
Mine doesn't have the rivet holes for the guard in the cover ...do I have to drill holes .

What are my options here ?
Thanks
Ernie

Attachments

• KIMG0689.JPG
    KIMG0689.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • KIMG0690.JPG
    KIMG0690.JPG
    887.2 KB · Views: 0
A heads up on shipping costs with USPS.I used to work for USPS yrs.ago & shipping costs vary due to dimensions of the package,weight, & zone you're in.If the seller is in Wa.& is shipping to Wa.a $75 fee is way out of proportion.For some reason anything on either side of the Mississippi River automatically almost doubles the cost.Must be they think the pony will drown.Assuming the J'red weighs approx.25 lbs.,it should only cost around $40-$45 to ship within Wa.The $75 fee to Maine or anywhere else in the east is a bit high,but not by much.
I have found that I can take a package to 4 or 5 different post offices & I'll get as many different prices.All this time I thought that the USPS was uniform throughout the U.S.

A heads up on shipping costs with USPS.I used to work for USPS yrs.ago & shipping costs vary due to dimensions of the package,weight, & zone you're in.If the seller is in Wa.& is shipping to Wa.a $75 fee is way out of proportion.For some reason anything on either side of the Mississippi River automatically almost doubles the cost.Must be they think the pony will drown.Assuming the J'red weighs approx.25 lbs.,it should only cost around $40-$45 to ship within Wa.The $75 fee to Maine or anywhere else in the east is a bit high,but not by much.
I have found that I can take a package to 4 or 5 different post offices & I'll get as many different prices.All this time I thought that the USPS was uniform throughout the U.S.
Thank you for verifying that. I observed that as well not only with USPS, but with the other carriers as well. And ALWAYS more expensive at the "Brown Store" as it's called here. If you drive right to the UPS depot it's a lot cheaper. I've actually had 'Let's make a deal' sessions with a place here that works FedEx (we don't have their depot in town). I get really tired/angry at that and sympathize with all the people who have paid more than they needed to.

I haven't tried it yet, but there's supposed to be an entity called something like Pirate Shipping. They use the regular carriers but at substantial savings. Has anyone had any experience with these people?

Kevin

Looking for a chip guard for my 630 West Coast and can't seem to find the correct one .
Mine doesn't have the rivet holes for the guard in the cover ...do I have to drill holes .

What are my options here ?
Thanks
Ernie
It's probably like some of the Husky models that have a 'tucked' rubber piece. Flared on one end to lock itself into the groove. Every time your chain comes off, it' gets quite chewed up though. But that's OK, because it's sacrificial along with the chain guard.

I like the chip flaps......with a sharp chisel chain you get a rooster tail of chip flow. :p

Kevin

Thank you for verifying that. I observed that as well not only with USPS, but with the other carriers as well. And ALWAYS more expensive at the "Brown Store" as it's called here. If you drive right to the UPS depot it's a lot cheaper. I've actually had 'Let's make a deal' sessions with a place here that works FedEx (we don't have their depot in town). I get really tired/angry at that and sympathize with all the people who have paid more than they needed to.

I haven't tried it yet, but there's supposed to be an entity called something like Pirate Shipping. They use the regular carriers but at substantial savings. Has anyone had any experience with these people?

Kevin
I believe the Pirate Ship (ping) is something that one downloads on a computer.And yes,the rates are substantially lower than if you'd go to the post office or elsewhere.You'd need a certified scales for that,which I believe are sold on feebay,or are a part of the package deal.If someone is doing a lot of shipping,that'd be the way to go.There's another entity out there that's likje Pirate Ship,but I can't recall the name right now.

Latest posts

Back