Jonsered CS2153 opinions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tallguys

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I'm just curious as to why there doesn't seem to be much information out there (and here) on the Jred 2153. Anybody who has one currently or previously care to share some wisdom?

I have owned a 346XP. Same thing really. The 2153 comes with a cat muffler. You can change them out however. You may wanna shoot J.Walker a pm if no more responses come thru. They are a very fine runner. J.Walker's is very nice. Hope this helped.

Like a 346xp, except a tad larger and a tad heavier, do to different plastic. Very close though.

Oh and a straight front handle, where the Husky is angled.

346xp can be had without the Cat muff also.

I have run one at a gtg and they are a nice running saw. I got a 346 because of the non-cat muffler and because there are dealers near where I live. Handlebar angle and exterior colors are the main difference.

I'm just curious as to why there doesn't seem to be much information out there (and here) on the Jred 2153. Anybody who has one currently or previously care to share some wisdom?

But there is: Everything said about the NE346XP goes for the 2153 as well since they are identical twins, just with different personal clothing preferences...

Weight difference is neglectable, and front handle bar angle is just a personal preference for the user - and it isn't even a really big deal. All vital parts are interchangeable and they were made in the same factory, maybe even by the same guy, just on a different day.

The only really important difference is that they are so much better looking...

But there is: Everything said about the NE346XP goes for the 2153 as well since they are identical twins, just with different personal clothing preferences...

Weight difference is neglectable, and front handle bar angle is just a personal preference for the user - and it isn't even a really big deal. All vital parts are interchangeable and they were made in the same factory, maybe even by the same guy, just on a different day.

I hear ya man, but I personally consider a cat muffler a big difference. Mainly because it cost extra money to change them out.
Thats not to say I wouldnt want one though! Jonsered is the sexiest saw made! Thats a FACT! :) :)

OK, so its a sexier and sturdier constructed 346XP then? Also I'm wondering to what extent the cat muffler affects the saw's performance.

tallguys said:
OK, so its a sexier and sturdier constructed 346XP then?

Yes. Well, maybe not sturdier, since it's just the covering plastics that differs. But as we all know, plastics can do a lot for the appearance on the being sexier department...

MacLaren said:
I hear ya man, but I personally consider a cat muffler a big difference. Mainly because it cost extra money to change them out.

If that's the only difference so, but aren't they usually differently priced depending on brand name recognition in the area anyway, or simply just available in one brand or the other? Makes price hunting difficult...

Over here Husky is servicing dealers only, and Jonsered is for dealers just not making it to be a Husky dealers. There is just a very rare few Jonsered servicing dealers...

Basically, but I still prefere the Husky in the woods....:msp_biggrin:

Over here Husky is servicing dealers only, and Jonsered is for dealers just not making it to be a Husky dealers. There is just a very rare few Jonsered servicing dealers...

There are some really good Jonsered dealers here, but the situation mostly looks like you said.

It all comes down to this: you know you want it...

IMG_0225-1.jpg

IMG_0229.jpg

Basically, but I still prefere the Husky in the woods....:msp_biggrin:

So if they are the same innards with the same power to weight, what about the 346XP makes you "prefer the Husky in the woods"? It appears everyone is saying that they are both the same other than cosmetics.

So if they are the same innards with the same power to weight, what about the 346XP makes you "prefer the Husky in the woods"? It appears everyone is saying that they are both the same other than cosmetics.

They feel a little different, because of the different handlebar, and the added plastic on the starter side of the Jonsered may also make a difference.

I have both saws, with the same cutting attachment on them.

Anyway, it isn't a biggie! :msp_smile:

Last edited:

They feel a little different, because of the different handlebar, and the added plastic on the starter side of the Jonsered may also make a difference.

I have both saws, with the same cutting attachment on them.

Anyway, it isn't a biggie! :msp_smile:

If you have nothing else to base your choice on (better dealer for one or the other or so) you simply have to try them on, and see how they fit your hands. For some people the difference in the front handle bar angle is a dealbreaker, and for others, me included, the difference is hardly noticeable. This surprises me since I have an old injury in my left arm that seemingly would make me benefit very much from the Husky-angle, but when I take my 2147 to the woods (it's the same as the OE346) the only thing I think of is what a badass little speedracer it is - and how comfortable I am holding and handling it. Maybe it's low weight contributes to this and a bigger Jonsered would be a different story.

Bottomline is, if you find a Jonsered in a size you need at a price you like don't write it off just because of the handle bar angle until you've made a few cuts with it. You might be up for a pleasant surprise!

It all comes down to this: you know you want it...

As good a reason to chose one over the other as any...

for myself the handlebar angle is no biggie. i always used huskies, and when i got my new 2165 jred i used it daily with 266xp and 268xp.. it took me 6 mos to notice there was even an angle difference. it may bother someone with wrist trouble.
if the angle bothers me in the future,, ill put husky handles on my jreds!http://www.arboristsite.com/images/smilies/rock.gif
why did i switch from husqvarna to jonsered??? DEALER quality!

Latest posts

Back