Jonsered cs2188 gem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoskvarna

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
244214d1341608787-dscn0561-jpg

244215d1341608803-dscn0564-jpg

244216d1341608820-dscn0566-jpg

244217d1341608836-dscn0567-jpg

I envy you! I have been on the search for a bigger saw running or not and I have found some gd deals but haven't pulled the trigger on them. But here you have a very nice looking saw. Good buy.

looks like one hell of a saw. I own the 2171.
I really love it, it just keeps working. I wouldn't
have hesitated either for a good deal on that 2188 :rock:

I have a 32" oregon reduced weight bar on the saw w/full chisel,balances nice. some say 24" or longer use skip chain,has any one got thoughts on that?

I use skip over 32". I like semi skip for anything above 24" also.

Did you get that saw from Josh H? If you have I've ran it a time or two myself.

I have a 32" oregon reduced weight bar on the saw w/full chisel,balances nice. some say 24" or longer use skip chain,has any one got thoughts on that?

A skip may not be too bad on that saw. I think you could pull full comp just fine with it though. But if people are telling you that you need skip on 24" or bigger then they are wrong. My 372xpw pulls full comp with a 28" bar just fine in Hardwood.

Thats a great looking saw. Love the J-reds.

I'm thinking that'll be my next....Only have about 6 days on my 390 so it's gonna be a while. Kinda bummed, about 2 weeks after I bought my 390 we got a J-red dealer. 2188 full wraps in stock.....I think I would have waited had I'd known.

Sick saw - Sam

I use skip over 32". I like semi skip for anything above 24" also.

Did you get that saw from Josh H? If you have I've ran it a time or two myself.

yes i did. i think i will stay with the chisel unless i feel its needed to switch.

Unless he ran it a lot that saw isn't even broken in good. I would stick with what you have and maybe get a loop of semi skip for later. I really don't like full skip unless just doing stump or real dirty work where you know you're going to hit something in the wood like fencerows.

Unless he ran it a lot that saw isn't even broken in good. I would stick with what you have and maybe get a loop of semi skip for later. I really don't like full skip unless just doing stump or real dirty work where you know you're going to hit something in the wood like fencerows.

thanks,thats good to know. its only 81 here today its cool enough i just might go play some.

I think it was ran maybe 3 tanks before it went out to Josh.

Latest posts

Back