Jonsered saws found in BOX STORES!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see what the big deal is: Freakinstang mentions (misspelled) Hebbing, and L&M supply does operate a store there.
Go here: http://landmsupply.web149.discountasp.net/dnn/

The do not sell anything online; you need to stop at the store to buy what you want. They carry some parts and will order anything you need, and they do have a service dept. I don't consider them in the same league as Home Despot, etc. All stores in small towns, they are more like a large big-city hardware store modelled to suit the needs of a rural community. Kind of like a major, modern OPE dealer that sells everything else, too.

BTW, out of curiosity, I called the Grand rapids store (I will be in GR next week) to get prices on a couple of things and asked about a couple of popular Jonny saws:

2159 $480
2171 $660

This is in the ballpark with Southwest fastener & Rod Simonian. . I think (I didn't look to be certain) Norwalk is a few bux less. The nearest Mills Fleet Farm to me sells Husky 359 as their biggest saw for $480, too. L&M beats my local dealer by a little, but not enough to make it worthwhile to stop doing business with him...I won't drive an hour or more , then drive another hour back home to save $20.

Eyolf,

You can buy 359's cheaper than I can get 346's at my local guy. If he has a good parts guy, I wouldn't even look anywhere else.

Don

The fleet-farm 359 comes with a laminated 20" bar and safety chain. The local husky sellers want around 489-499, but you get your choice of any bar in stock, real chain, and probably some freebies like oil or files. The 346 isn't a hot seller here; the homeowner market is well served by the 340-345-353 class saws. I think the last time I saw a 346 it had dust on it and about $500 price tag, right next to a shiny 340 for under $300. The pro's are using harvesting equipment and 372's/575's for odd jobs.

Wow.Rumours of a few bucks off Jreds and the vultures are circling;)FWIW, I know of a national chain up here thats selling 2153's,2171's,361's,5100's and 7900's for $300 ea or two of your choice for $500 but I can't tell you where....:popcorn:

Geez, ya miss a week and all kinds of stuff happens. This is of course breaking news to me. I don't see what the big deal is about the name of the store. Lowes/Husky has been mentioned a million times, so why not this one and Jonsered? There are some unanswered questions here. Does the store have a shop? Are the saws actually sold in the box or are they set up? Like someone else said, if this is a small regional chain it is a different deal than something like Lowes. If I knew the NAME I could look into it. Like the similar threads about Stihl that come up every month, this is probably not a big deal. BTW, my customers wouldn't be impressed with those prices.

they sell husky and jonny red, are a local farm/hardware stores with no internet sales.

WITP or am i missing something?

They did not have any 2153's. I suppose I could have asked one of the blue vested people if they were available.....

How bout a 2171 for $589 with a 20"? lol

Hummm walmart people wear blue vests around here........ NOOOOOOOOWAAAAAAAAY?????????????????????

Back