Jonsered saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poorboypaul

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Looking to get a J-red cs2255. Reading reviews on TSC, Most of the negatives were oil leaking out of the oil tank just sitting. Just wondering on their quality now that Tractor Supply is selling them. I'll purchase it from my local dealer first, and I know he'll take care of any problems. Anyone on here had issues with the newer ones?

I had it happen to my 2159 but I think it was because the tank was full of cold oil and it was placed in my tool box all day in the sun and it puked out a good amount all over. Hasnt done it since.

I had it happen to my 2159 but I think it was because the tank was full of cold oil and it was placed in my tool box all day in the sun and it puked out a good amount all over. Hasnt done it since.
Yes, the bar oil leak is usually a temp, storage, pressure thing & nothing wrong with the saw.

I haven't been keeping up with the newer saws for while but I am thinking a 2255 is Jonsereds version of the Husky 455 Rancher or whatever Husky changed that saws number too. They are good saws but IMO heavy for the power. If you are going through a dealer see if they have any NOS 2152's. Same saw as a 353 Husky but they usually came with the Tsunarma bar which to me makes it a better deal than the Husky. Also overall to me a much better package than the 55cc saws. You may want to check Baileys. They had 2152's at a really good price.

I have a 2152 Jonsered that I bought new and it leaks oil also. I've never thought of that as a complaint. I've owned lots of saws through the years of different makes and some have leaked oil. I sort of plan on saws leaking oil so my saw shelves are lined with card board. The only complaint I ever heard about the 2152/ 353 is that they are not the 2153/ 346.

Anymore, we keep our saws in their cases. Most all of them will bleed a little bar oil out. I never saw it as a huge deal.

I agree, as long as it's just bleeding a little it's probably ok. I DID have to fix my Earthquake cs4116 the other night because it suddenly started emptying the whole tank overnight. Turned out it just needed a glob of debris blowed out of the line on the way to the pump. Now it's just fine and the only oil it drops is a little off the valve that feeds it to the bar.

2252 or 2253. 2252 is less than $100 more than the 2255.

gonna look at the cs2258. 2258 actually weighs about 1/2lb less than the 2255. Gonna trade my Solo 656 in on one. Like my Solo, but it is a gas hog! Now, I think the crank seals are going in it. Surging at idle, carb adjustment yields nothing, running hot. Only made a few cuts since it started, the piston isn't scored. Sent to Solo Usa for seals, but they're backordered 'til February! Only had this saw for about 5 years, and the air filter clogs up after about an hours use. Glad I have other brands to cut with.

The WWS 2253 is why I sold the Mastermind 346 XP. The WWS 2260 is why I sold the Mastermind 372 XT. Jonsered doesn't have the cult following of some of the others, but when Terry fires up his 2260 people take notice. I love the AT as I can't tune a saw like some of you on here can. People talk about handle angles but when I gave people a choice of which saw to use to cut up a big oak, the black and red saws were first pick.

Back