Jotul 4 wood burner. Is this a good deal?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigOakAdot

ArboristSite newb
Reaction score
Hey all,

My landlord is replacing a fireplace that was crushed by a tree during hurricane sandy, and he found a jotul 4 and the guy is asking $1200 for it. Can you tell me is that a fair price and do any of you have any experience using jotul stoves? Any info will help and I appreciate you guys taking the time to read.

-Adot

That seems pretty high for a Combifire. Jotul makes a great stove - I've got a 602, and my brother burns with a F600 Fireview and they are both excellent. I would think that for $1,200, you could do much better with a F400 or something similar.

HTML:
Well what do you think would be a fair price for that stove? I'm pretty sure that it's used but the contractor who's installing it said it looked brand new. Thanks again.

I have seen them for a few hundred, down to free. That stove could be 20 yrs old, and replacement parts are expensive. I got a jotul 12 for free while back. Looked great but as I tore into it, I found more and more pieces bad. I was up to $1400 in parts before Stove shop said to junk it. I did not pay that, that's what the repairs that I found would cost. For $1200 you could get a damn nice relatively new stove.

I agree with stihly dan. For $1,200, you could get a pretty good used stove AND most or all of the seasoned firewood you'd need for the coming year. The Combis tend to fail where the door retracts under the stove. The screen for them is a must-have accessory if you like to watch the fire. I've heard them called Easter Island stoves for their resemblance to the statues... Good luck whatever you decide.

Agree. Not a good deal at all.

Jotul makes great stoves though.

Back