Just a thought for new truck????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bfdast

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Been looking for a newer truck for stump grinding, I hate buying anything newer do to it being a work truck. Thinking of rebuilding a older flatbed 1 ton or possibly (idea here) box truck. What's your thoughts on this? I'm just starting out and have trailer just tired of using the suv to pull it around. Thought maybe a box truck would keep it safe and all the tools and supplies would be protected also! Any thoughts

Been looking for a newer truck for stump grinding, I hate buying anything newer do to it being a work truck. Thinking of rebuilding a older flatbed 1 ton or possibly (idea here) box truck. What's your thoughts on this? I'm just starting out and have trailer just tired of using the suv to pull it around. Thought maybe a box truck would keep it safe and all the tools and supplies would be protected also! Any thoughts
It's a good idea particularly if you are short on storage space( can leave it locked in the truck instead of in your garage). Look at isuzu NPR's they turn very tight. You also have a lot of space to advertise on.

I was thinking that bit will they handle the weight? I know alot of lawn care comps use them and love them.
Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 using Tapatalk

I use a 2012 f 250 4x4 with a 16 foot car trailer to pull my vermeer sc252 around. Was thinking a Ford Ranger or any small truck and a stump grinder trailer would be more than sufficient. When I fill the holes with topsoil I use the bagged stuff $1.29 a bag no mess easy to move no waste, really fast, Takes about ten on a big stump. I need a big truck for other things I do. But a small one would be nice.

Thanks yea came across a 89 f350 with 89,000 miles for 300 bucks so needless to say I got it. Runs great just needs a bed and some minor things done!
Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 using Tapatalk

I'm right now switching over to a box.
It was so anoying having to tow the long trailer in tight spaces or on slopes. Now it's dry and save with big advertising coming next.

Especially when going to a Job farer away, I can leave my stuff locked on the hotel parking and I'm not wearing my everyday car anymore with dirty tools and a dirty chips covered me.

The box is alarm secured, the steering wheel locked with a claw.

Generator, angle grinder, broom, blower, ramps, gas, oil, tools and so on all in a fast (trailer 60mph vs 90mph box) and mobile service-station. I love it and can only recommend it.

Cheers

I've been seeing a lot more landscape guys add a beaver tail and ramps to the back of a box truck. Looks like a perfect setup for stump grinding. Can tow a trailer for the jobs were grindings need to be removed.image.jpg

Latest posts

Back