Just bought a Husky 350

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

460Ted

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Got it new off Ebay from a seller with great feedback, for $231. I'm assuming that it will come with a safety chain; who on line has the best deal for a non safety 18" chain? What brand of chain would you guys recommend?

I'm sorry. :laugh: You know it has a plastic crankcase, right? Best of luck with your new saw. They do cut fairly well for what they are.

Freakingstang said:
I'm sorry. :laugh: You know it has a plastic crankcase, right? Best of luck with your new saw. They do cut fairly well for what they are.
SO WHAT?.......you'll get bored before you wear it out. TonyM has the best price on chains.

yea big deal on the plastic case, I have a 350 and it is a great saw, I'd buy another one in a heartbeat if I need one.....

Derag2 said:
yea big deal on the plastic case, I have a 350 and it is a great saw, I'd buy another one in a heartbeat if I need one.....

What are your other saws? The 55 beats the 50 hands down, bad air filtration.

Fred

hydro2 said:
How do you get a buck off?

Thanks,
Mark
If you use the link to the Bailey's site from here at the top of the page, it will give you the discount. If you use the catalog to order a chain it might be $7.75, but through the link it is $6.75. Hope this helps you out. That is a buck for each chain too.

460Ted said:
Got it new off Ebay from a seller with great feedback, for $231. I'm assuming that it will come with a safety chain; who on line has the best deal for a non safety 18" chain? What brand of chain would you guys recommend?

Unless you plan to go thru a lot of chains it may make the most sense to pick one up locally - getting to know a dealer has advantages and a chain will last a less-than-pro user a long time. But keep two...

I know they're not cheap, but I buy Stihl chains from my dealer, an 18" RS cost me $18. But I didn't pay shipping and they reportedly (here anyway) outlast other chains due to thier hardness - at the expense of being harder to file. As few chains as I buy the difference in price is moot.

Other than my dealer, I'd order from Baileys.

If I was using a LOT more chain I'd buy rolls and cut my own...

Congrats on the 350! Like the 025 I got recently - good price and a handy saw! Why should anyone care if 'you' own a saw 'they' don't want?

Chaser

Cut4fun said:
If you use the link to the Bailey's site from here at the top of the page, it will give you the discount. If you use the catalog to order a chain it might be $7.75, but through the link it is $6.75. Hope this helps you out. That is a buck for each chain too.
I used the link, but charged me full price!
Thanks,
Mark

hydro2 said:
Thanks,
Mark

18" WoodsmanPRO™ Item No: WPL 18 20NK72 Chain is 10.95 from the link or in the catalog. No buck off!

Plastic case

I went with the 350 over the 353 for a few reasons. It's slightly lighter, less expensive and I won't be cutting with it every day, so it should last a while. Heck, one guy I talked to on here said he has run over 400 tanks of fuel through his and it's still running just fine. Did I mention it was only $231?:laugh:

hydro2 said:
Thanks,
Mark
Hey guess what your are right, they stopped given the discount. Havent tried it since Dec 2005. Must have stopped the discount for 2006. Sorry for the bad info, but it used to be a buck off. Still cant beat the price, unless you make your own.

Back