Just built my own mill

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A video i made last weekend milling.

[video=youtube;COl4pYNs5JA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COl4pYNs5JA[/video]

new mill

it is good to make use of your own wood in projects. you will remember every cut when you use it for siding or parts of a building that you can see. the next mill is a ............? addicting.

good job on your mill, i'm sure it won't be the last you make you might become as addicted to making them as using them...:biggrin:

Speaking of which, Bob, I just found a handle that appears to be identical to the type you use in the aluminum bin at the scrap yard last week. Now I'm trying to figure out a suitable cable / lever mechanism for the throttle.

With the price of scrap, I've been stripping any junk power equipment and tossing it in 5 gallon buckets. This morning I was stripping an old homelite weed wacker and when I pulled the throttle cable off all I could do is say WOW. The trigger handle is in 2 pieces and bolts around the alluminum shaft. I think it's plenty long to reach the carb on my Super 1050. Just eyeballing the shaft it looks to be the same size as the shaft on the push handle of my Granburg. It's worth a look, Joe.

I am already in the process of collecting parts for a bandsawmill. Maybe next year I will be ready to start building it.
Some day next week will I take delivery of an old jointer/planer.

Fantastic. I have been so obsessed with big lumber that I have forgotten about getting into the smaller, stuff. I have it in my mind that if it's not 24" or over, it's not worth bringing home. I like your design too.

DSCN5782.jpg

DSCN5849.jpg

DSCN5853.jpg

Very nice work fellas can one of you show me a close up of the clamp? I'm gonna try building one myself wanna be sure I get it right

Kenneth

I dont have any good picture on the clamp.
But the key is to make like a 2 mm pad on the clamp to make the chain clear.
Imortant is to not make the pad to wide so it compresses the rail.

Latest posts

Back