Just came across a o32 av stihl, any good?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BCC

Reaction score
anyone know about the 032 av stihl, this one i came across for sale has a 36 inch bar guy wants a 150 $ does anyone have this saw or know about it that can tell me a little about it?

They are good saws but pulling a 36 inch bar in anything but softwood might be a stretch. Only worth 150 if in great condition.

+1 on the bar. Good (but old) saw. If you are looking for something to use everyday I'd look for a newer model. $150 would be my upper limit as well, and it would have to be in very good shape - as in ready to go cut wood condition.

DSC06554.jpg

If it was me, I would not buy it.
Not that it is a Stihl, but how hard parts would be to find for it?

I've got one with a 20 and thats the extent I'd ever run on it. It wont win any races, but it does cut pretty smooth and handle nice for a thirty year old saw.

This saw IMHO is one of the best 50 cc ever built. A wonderful saw that has cut as much firewood as any saw ever made. Mine still cuts firewood 35 years after I bought it. See what saws today do that in 35 years! Scott at Chainsawr.com I'm sure has a bunch of parts for the 032.

If it is an 032 and it has a 36" bar on it, I would stay away from it. That bar is too big for that saw. It would pull it but I'm sure it would hurt the clutch side bearings and clutch. I would keep walking if it was me.

If it is an 032 and it has a 36" bar on it, I would stay away from it. That bar is too big for that saw. It would pull it but I'm sure it would hurt the clutch side bearings and clutch. I would keep walking if it was me.

Thats an excellent point.

someone should be slapped for putting a 36 inch bar on that poor old 032. Mine has cut wood for over 30 years and is as strong as my 260 pro and as heavy as my 441.

Finding parts for the saw won't be a problem...they made a boatload. However, 150 is about the upper limit to pay unless the particular saw/model has a certain nostalgic value for you. I just rebuilt an 031 I used to run when i was a kid and wouldn't sell it for $150 and it isn't pretty ;).

i have a 30yo 032aveq with a 20in bar and a chiselbit chain and it eats better that my dads newer farmboss, i put a coil in it a couple months ago but other than that its an awesome saw. one of the best made in the 50cc category i think

Back