Just got my 2172

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MR.STIHL036

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
finally
the saw i have been waiting for is mine now. Went to my local saw shop and picked up the jonsered 2172 and i love it. ive already put two tanks through and cut two cord of red maple. its got the twin dogs i really like that on a saw and a larger front handle mine has the 18'' bar although its a husky powermatch bar i really wanted the total pro bar and a lgx chain. this saw flat out rips through the wood i'll post pics tonight

Last edited:
looks good...
your user name needs a refresh.;)

Looks real good. It should serve you well.:msp_thumbup:

B-E-A-utiful saw! If you have any money left, pick up the Total branded Tumara bar for it. You will not be disapointed in the quality of the bar, and they look pretty damn sexy on the red saws!

And now for the pics
192842d1312419074-img_0235-jpg

192843d1312419125-img_0236-jpg

192844d1312419176-img_0237-jpg

192845d1312419216-img_0238-jpg

192846d1312419260-img_0239-jpg

nice. now go get a matching bar:msp_tongue:

B-E-A-utiful saw! If you have any money left, pick up the Total branded Tumara bar for it. You will not be disapointed in the quality of the bar, and they look pretty damn sexy on the red saws!

my dealer does not stock those bars i wish he did. the rep who had to bring the saw to the shop had a bar but it was the 8.2mm motor mount for a 2159

Congrats on the new saw. About one of the best saws you can get today. 18" is a good size for firewood, and it makes for a good handling package.

Im like the look of the Windsor speed tip on both the Jonnys and the Huskys. The graphics are a nice red/orange that looks at home on either saw.

Congrats on the new saw. About one of the best saws you can get today. 18" is a good size for firewood, and it makes for a good handling package.

Im like the look of the Windsor speed tip on both the Jonnys and the Huskys. The graphics are a nice red/orange that looks at home on either saw.

At least I don't really like the blue Husky logo on the Husky bars - but I don't really think about how the bars look very often.......:D

Last edited:
but I don't really think about how the bars look very often.......:D

I totally dig function over fashion but there's something to be said about having a nice slick, clean, color matching, badass, sharp looking saw while running it.

If I'm driving around in a nice car, trust me, that thing iz gonna be blingin'. :)

Back