Just musing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been selling a few cords of wood over the years. Picked up anohter customer this year. I was eyeing my stack of willow and mentally adding up the expected orders - came to 8 and I need 6 = 14 cord needed. By pure accident I started the stack by eyeballing what looked good for a rick. Measured it later. Each rick is 25' long between the 'holding ricks of rounds) and 6 1/2' high. It settles down some so I figure each rick as an even 1 1/2 cord. Just finished the 9 th rick a few ago. Again pure accident that stack is an exact 14 cord (using some of the 'holding rounds').

002-5.jpg

I dunno if I want to continue selling. That is a bunch of wood and lot of trees to locate. The work, while fun and good excercise is rather daunting when I look at that pile and I for sure ain't no spring chicken any more.:(
At least I am good for this year. 6 of the 8 cord delivery are already done and my 6 are already in the shed. Thus only 2 cord are still coming off that pile.

Harry K

I sold to a friend, and then to 3 friends, then put and add on craiglist, 30 chord a week for the last 3 months, Ive lost 30 lbs this year, and making money and it feels good. Friends dont answer calls like they used to though :monkey:

That is a bunch of wood and lot of trees to locate.

Harry K

Possibly because you've already cut down every dead tree in the county?? :biggrinbounce2::poke:

Just ribbing you, love your posts. Keep it up as long as you can and you're not likely to feel anywhere near as old as your ID says you are!

Possibly because you've already cut down every dead tree in the county?? :biggrinbounce2::poke:

Just ribbing you, love your posts. Keep it up as long as you can and you're not likely to feel anywhere near as old as your ID says you are!

Not quite...well,every one I could get to, let's put it that way :).

I been wondering about the age thing. Seems I ask myself why I keep going more and more often. Then answer always comes back Chainsaws!

Harry K

Latest posts

Back