just one tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chainsawboy1996

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Looked like it had a pretty good back lean, how many/what size wedges did you have in it?

well if i can remember right we had a nice big cable and a d7 then some wedges and as far as wedges go it was a doubled up 1foot 1 1/2 inch wedges. i feel bad for the loader and the trucks that had to carry that huge white pine.

Definitely a lean in the wrong direction.
And the cable or rope seemed kinda low.
And the notch didn't look opened enough.

But hey it worked good job.
garfieldhangover.jpg

did i meantion that the cable was up as high as a log loader could lift and was attached to a loader and a d7 in a configuration like this -<
but the faller wayne did a great job with the tree.
am i the only one who saw the 1.5 foot thick under cut

did i meantion that the cable was up as high as a log loader could lift and was attached to a loader and a d7 in a configuration like this -<
but the faller wayne did a great job with the tree.
am i the only one who saw the 1.5 foot thick under cut
I hear ya. I seen your pics as a kid, you were defanitly brought up in the tree business.:cheers:

Having big equipment makes it a whole different ball game. She was a big one, you guys did good. :cheers:

I have often noticed that lot clearers and developers who use a lot of heavy equipment set their cables a lot lower that we in the residential tree care industry are taught to do. We are taught to set them in the top third of the tree to get maximum leverage. I guess if you've got the equipment it don't matter too much. Still I'd be afraid of pulling the butt out from under one.

Looked like the job went alright for you. Nice job.

Back