Just some logging pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, I know they haven't posted yet. I'm still having problems so I've emailed them to SWE to post when he gets a chance.

More from Ryan :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

That boundry was 60-70%poplar with some red and white oak, yellow pine, white pine and more d@mn beech than I cared for. Granted it was good beech but beech is a pain, its limby and you almost never get more than two maybe maybe three logs out of it. Oh and if the skidder is going to have a problem winching a tree out its going to be a beech, still haven't quite figured that one out though, they are heavier than they look but it just seems that they have more of a tendency to be a pain.

Notice how the skidder is backed up against a tree?? The reason for that is on steep ground you don't want to take any chance of the parking brake failing and the machine going down hill.

nice shots

Carharts in sweden? I thought Levis had the international market?!? ;)

If that is a dual chamber fuel/oil can I will not die till I have one!!!

Great shots of the job!

That looks like a 540D, looking at the exhaust any way, is it?? those are great skidders, the one that i run has rice and cane tires about 3ft wide, it is great, pretty light machine, with wide tires it will just about float, nice pics, good luck and be careful

Last edited:
MAlogger, sure are..... Just don't hit'em with a saw and they're pretty resistant!!!LOL Snap in chaps from labinville. Its a 540B spinning 23.1-26 Firestone LS-II's, $1,500 per tire plus $130 per tube and another $100 per tire for mounting.... How many ya want??:hmm3grin2orange: I sold all of that equipment back in June.

MAlogger, sure are..... Just don't hit'em with a saw and they're pretty resistant!!!LOL Snap in chaps from labinville. Its a 540B spinning 23.1-26 Firestone LS-II's, $1,500 per tire plus $130 per tube and another $100 per tire for mounting.... How many ya want??:hmm3grin2orange: I sold all of that equipment back in June.

Are you not logging anymore? That 540 looke like it was in real nice shape!

Back