Kettle on the stove

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stint

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Sure makes BIG difference for me.

Would not leave home without it ;-))

Monitor mine with humidistat, and makes more efficient warming and *much* less drying of furniture

I have a 2 gallon pot that I use and the stove will boil off that 2 gallons in less than a day. If my windows start steaming up I will not add any water to the pot until they clear.

I agree zr900! That is the same method i use the windows don't lie!! You should at least do that if you have hardwood floors! Helps keep the floor from squeekin' !!

i suppose it's failsafe if theres water in the pot and hours later there isn't?

water has to go somewhere...if it seems like it's not helping, maybe you need even more?

parents has a 10gallon tank that hangs on the side of the cook stove, factory....always chasing it down......

raise your humidity,youll burn less wood.I try to watch the windows too,kinda hard to thaw them out tho when it goes below 0.
Wood floors need consistant humidity if possible.

ak4195

Makes a difference to us...no post nasal drips, scratchy throats etc when we have a pot of water on the stove...much easier breathing to.

Where do you get the kettles? I would like something like that but haven't had much luck finding anything.

Hello,
During the heating season, I keep a cast iron kettle full of water boiling on the wood stove. I have often wondered if it really makes a difference to the humidity of the house. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks.
5% of something is better than 20% of nothing. I'm getting my steam kettle ready tomorrow. Radiant heat is probably the driest heat that there is.

I have a 2 gallon pot that I use and the stove will boil off that 2 gallons in less than a day. If my windows start steaming up I will not add any water to the pot until they clear.

I am just curious does the water actually boil?

I am just curious does the water actually boil?
Yes. It produces steam. You have to fill it once or twice a day. So you pick up about a gallon of moisture into the air. Sometimes I boil two at a time.
WoodStove2006.jpg

...with the doors to the stove shut, of course.

Latest posts

Back