Kickin' it old school!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice saw !

Good deal TZ for a nice wood cutter ! I rebuilt a 028S not so long ago with some tips from Thall & Andy. A perfect runner, but it was too much a "modern" saw to keep it in my collection :cry: . I sold it for 345 $ (saws are more expensive here), so yours must be a sweet deal.

attachment.php

Last edited:
The saw will not be a shelf queen...it will cut wood, but I wil treat it well, as I do all my tools. The saw probably has ten or so hours on it, I was told that it had been owned by an older lady that found the compression somewhat stiff, so she moved on to an electric saw. I came with a 20" Rollomatic E bar and a loop of RS(!) chain. It will probably end up wearing a 16" Rollomatic ES, as I have a supply of 16" chains from when I had an 026. I look forward to giving it a workout!...:clap:

Sweet 028! I can't imagine how much wood I've cut with them. I'm working on one now. There is one on Ebay now thats in the same shape as yours. The seller says it was run on "too lean" a mixture. ( probably straight gas )
Anyway, its got a new jug and piston, and looks as good as new. Its got my
"buy it now" finger twitching!:laugh:

That thing is incredible. Where's the box????

I know Dad really loves his 028, had a couple of guys offer to buy it or trade for it. He won't budge.

Mark

That thing is incredible. Where's the box????

I know Dad really loves his 028, had a couple of guys offer to buy it or trade for it. He won't budge.

Mark

Yeah, the more I mess around with this saw, the more I like it. What you said about your dads 028, that he would not part with it, those are the kind of posts that made me think that there was something to this 028 thing. I wonder what the total production of 028 models was? The fact that there are so many parts out there is good too!

Back