kindling got the best of me today! ;(

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well back from the back Dr. and he doesn't think I have any permanent/serioud damage, no herniated disk. He says overall I'm in pretty good shape. He thinks it's just sever tight muscles along with poor posture (I gotta get outta this recliner!).
He showed me a bunch of proper sitting techniques and some exercises. He's not a fan of the hydrocodone so I will lay off that, take my crappy prednesone (makes me eat and #####y)
Overall a good diagnosis I suppose. I may have to go jump in a friends hot tub to help loosen things up. I did go for a short walk when I got home, maybe another one this afternoon.
Thank you all again for the kind words and well wishes :)\
Take care of your health, you don't miss it unitl you don't have it!
god bless

i suggest a massage from an asian girl....snap crackle pop and all better...or the other type would be good also...lol:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

icey hot is your friend

I reek of it now.

I'm fine but mah womman's sciatica's acted up and i got the rubben duty. Raw deal. Greased her up to let her go. :(

I come from a long line of men with back problems. Gpa back surgery, dad 2 back surgeries. Me none yet but the last time I did exactly what you are describing I was lifting one of those plastic lawn chairs that weighs about 5 pounds. It still upsets me that is what did it when I would regularly lift weights and logs much heavier. I couldn't get out of bed or even roll over without severe pain. If In had any advice to give that has helped me it would be..#1. loose weight if you have any to loose. (10 lbs of extra weight in the belly adds 50 lbs of stress your low back has to support) #2 Stretch everyday (I find morning to be the best, but anytime is good) EVERYDAY. #3 Strengthen your core, strong abdominals can do wonders to help your back. #4 Don't be scared of muscle relaxers, whenever I am feeling stress in my low back from work, cold, sex, or whatever. I take a muscle relaxer and a coulple of ibuprofen. #5. Learn to lift everything correctly, no matter how light it may be (not easy to learn). I could keep going, but I would be rambling. Good luck on your recovery, it will get better. BTW, I've been wanting to try one of those inversion tables, heard nothing but good things about them.

Last edited:
I had back surgery in '95 after a snag I was falling went sideways on me.

I've found that sitting is the absolute worst thing when it begins to bother me. It's tough to do sometimes but walking seems to keep things loosened up...swimming is even better. A heating pad is good. Lumbar support when sitting is helpful, too.

If you go to physical therapy they'll give you a whole regimen of back strengthening exercises that you can do at home. Do them.

You've had a little taste of what a bad back feels like. Your own efforts can make a big difference in your eventual recovery and prevention of a relapse. All that work is a pain ( no pun intended) but it sure beats the alternative.

I had back surgery in '95 after a snag I was falling went sideways on me.

I've found that sitting is the absolute worst thing when it begins to bother me. It's tough to do sometimes but walking seems to keep things loosened up...swimming is even better. A heating pad is good. Lumbar support when sitting is helpful, too.

If you go to physical therapy they'll give you a whole regimen of back strengthening exercises that you can do at home. Do them.

You've had a little taste of what a bad back feels like. Your own efforts can make a big difference in your eventual recovery and prevention of a relapse. All that work is a pain ( no pun intended) but it sure beats the alternative.

++! there. Somehow injured my left foot. Hurts like the ####ens!

Took it easy recently. Bad. Played football with the bow, split 2012 wood, and took a walk. Fine. Did crap Sunday, ouch came back.

Leisure can be your enemy,,,

The Most Dangerous Thing You'll Do All Day

woodbooga, that comment about greasing up your woman and lettin' her go gave me a good chuckle! :hmm3grin2orange:

The Dr. did give me some exercises to do, and he too said not to sit too much (what else is there to do)?

Icey hot will be applied liberally.

It is going to require a change of lifestyle, it's going to be difficult to change after all these years. The word CAN'T has never been in my vocabulary.

thanks again for all the kind words of encouragement.:blob2:

A little update on my status....
short version, I am deffinately doing better than a week ago.
There is still a long road ahead.
My problem is that I want to be healed and be healed NOW! LOL
my informal nickname around here is "short fuse" if that tells you anything. LOL
Actualy now that I am much older I am waaaay more mellow than I ever have been. (Makes the little womans life easier)
Thanks again to all who have taken the time to give a kind word.
dave
:rock:

Back