Kinetix bar oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ax-man

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I couldn't get my usual Stihl bar oil awhile back at the place I normally buy it because of this virus shutdown. I went to another Stihl dealer and they only had an another brand called Kinetix bar oil . I bought it reluctantly because of the hassle of getting things because of this virus thing . I finally opened one of the jugs and was surprised to see it was totally different from the Stihl oil . It is almost like automatic transmission fluid because of the red dye in the oil .

The question I have is anyone tried this brand of oil and if it is any good . It seems to be good oil but this is the first time using another brand other than Stihl.

I am not trying to start a bar oil debate but was just curious if anyone has used this Kinetix oil and what their opinion is on it.

I would use it and not stress about it. It's bar oil. It lubricates the bar and chain and gets slung off. I've used transmission fluid, new motor oil, hydraulic oil and a mixture of different oils with no ill effects. The only thing I would not suggest using is dirty used motor oil.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Reminds me of Shindaiwa Bar oil i had 15 years ago, its not bad oil...i like the red dye.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

I would use it and not stress about it. It's bar oil. It lubricates the bar and chain and gets slung off. I've used transmission fluid, new motor oil, hydraulic oil and a mixture of different oils with no ill effects. The only thing I would not suggest using is dirty used motor oil.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Bingo.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

If you do use used motor oil, pour it into a barrel, and let the junk settle out. Then pour off the top. The grit can ruin the oil pump. And cause leaks, and mess. Don't ask how I know!
N

If you do use used motor oil, pour it into a barrel, and let the junk settle out. Then pour off the top. The grit can ruin the oil pump. And cause leaks, and mess. Don't ask how I know!
N

Going to need to let it sit for a really long time. Motor oil is designed to hold contaminants in suspension.

Sure the heavy metals are going to fall out somewhat but most of it will be held there in suspension for a very long time.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Latest posts

Back