Klotz Super Techniplate 2-Stroke Pre-Mix, Ok to use in Stihl MS310?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's some info I found from a klotz oil retailer.

Synthetic oils are group IV (PAOs) and group V (esters) base oils. These synthetic oils are "man-made" synthesized uniform molecular structures that significantly improve the efficiency and effectiveness of these oils relative to their petroleum oil competitors. More specifically, these oils have lower coefficients of friction, thermal (heat) and pour-point (cold weather performance) properties than do petroleum oils. Finally, synthetic oils have no waxes, tars, or other contaminants to sludge or varnish your engine

Been running Klotz in all my two smokes,, From chainsaws,& Weed wackers to A $15,000.00 Merc Drag boat motor for years, Never an oil related failure,,,

Even when I break one!!!!! LOLOL!!!!

Did yall ask Gary if we can have another Oil thread???

Here's some info I found from a klotz oil retailer.

Synthetic oils are group IV (PAOs) and group V (esters) base oils. These synthetic oils are "man-made" synthesized uniform molecular structures that significantly improve the efficiency and effectiveness of these oils relative to their petroleum oil competitors. More specifically, these oils have lower coefficients of friction, thermal (heat) and pour-point (cold weather performance) properties than do petroleum oils. Finally, synthetic oils have no waxes, tars, or other contaminants to sludge or varnish your engine

Some of this is true, but most of it is marketing BS. PAO's and Esters are refined mineral oils. they're refined using the Fischer–Tropsch process. Some of Klotz oils like Original TechniPlate have plant extracts.

Wow, this thread is full of great info. Thanks to all who have participated.

I'll probably only use this quart, then switch back to Stihl brand.

Thanks again!

-Will

Whew! I'm glad I don't have any oil questions! I've made my decision on the oil I use and it's as clean as anything I've ever used.
I raced 2-strokes and have learned a couple of things. One being that jetting has a LOT to do with how clean it burns.
I'm gonna shut up 'cause I ain't nobody!

Mods, I believe this can be locked now.

My answer has been answered, and I don't want any more flaming between members.

I want to thank ALL who participated, even those who were arguing and calling each other names. You ALL were very helpful to me.

Thanks again!!

-Will

No need to lock any thread. I actually have ran All the oils listed in this thread, plus many others. Klotz oils can and does run dirty, but it has incredible great shear strength, that's why racers run klotz, that and because they make oils that mix well with, methanol alcohol and Nitromethane. In fact I have some race mix with Nitromethane, only oil I'll mix with it is Klotz.

Anyway run what you like, I'll answer any oil question to the best of my ability, if you don't like my answer so be it, move on.

Last edited:
No need to lock any thread. I actually have ran All the oils listed in this thread, plus many others. Klotz oils can and do run dirty, but the have great shear strength, that's why racers run klotz, that and because they make oils that mix well with, methanol alcohol and Nitromethane. In fact I have some race mix with Nitromethane, only oil I'll mix with it is Klotz.

Anyway run what you like, I'll answer any oil question to the best of my ability, if you don't like my answer so be it, move on.

Andy,

Your input was much appreciated. I just didn't want you guys to continue to argue, that's all.

I'll gladly take your advice any day, and am glad you were able to help me. Because the Klotzs had such a sweet smell, and because of the "Pre-Mix" label, I though it had some kind of alcohol or something in it already.

The reason I asked here, is because I knew people like yourself would be able to respond. That's why I love forums so much, because you normally have a wide variety of helpful people with good experience to help those in need, and generally you all share a common interest (in this case saws and WOOD :) )

I've learned more from users like yourself on forums about saws, guns, and cars, that would have taken me years of failing and trying new things to accumulate on my own :)

Thanks again friend! Oh, and GO BUCKS!!! OH.....

Thanks man I try and give the best answer I know how, but some sure don't like it lol.

No doubt Klotz oil is good stuff, if you like running it, run it, but they're other options out there to choose from if you want to.:)

Esters are refined mineral oils

Here is a technical paper on synthetic esters for lubricants.

ESTERS IN SYNTHETIC LUBRICANTS

By T. G. Schaefer

In the simplest terms, esters can be defined as the reaction products of acids and alcohols

Here is a technical paper on synthetic esters for lubricants.

ESTERS IN SYNTHETIC LUBRICANTS

By T. G. Schaefer

In the simplest terms, esters can be defined as the reaction products of acids and alcohols

100% correct. If I'm not mistaken the first oils called synthetic were Castor oils, and the only reason they called them syn was because they didn't come from crude. :cheers:

I'm not brand selective,I just want the best lubricant that I can find.I have to much time and money tied up in o.p.e. to run anything but that.
I've a year old pro back blowwer that has seen nothing but r 50.I've put 10's of gallons of mix thru this.All at full throttle for hours on end.
Top of the piston is so clean, You can still see the milling marks.
I was hoping to pull down a couple of saws this winter to see if they are fairing as well seeing how they aren't run at full throttle for such long durations.
But have not had a spare moment with the winter we have been having!

Back