knuckleboom crane truck

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you gonna relocate? its about a 3 day drive my buddy just did it i couldnt be in a car that long i would probably jump out. i hated driving down and picking that truck up and driving back. the next one im just gonna cough up the 1.50 a mile and have it delivered.

Me too. Bought our chipper truck in Atlanta and drove it back to Cleveland, what a nightmare!
More pics please. That's a sweet looking rig ya got there Matt.

Yeah, Matt bought the training wheels KB,, lol.. still a major move financially though! :)

Training wheels? Lol picks of the big boy in about six more months the wheels are already in motion. Hoping to have it done by the beginning of summer.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Picked up a toy so you guys can see some crane work we do charging it up now. Anyone know what I need to edit the videos so thier not four hours long I've never messed with this before.
aefcc9cd-9a97-fff8.jpg

aefcc9cd-9ac3-8a29.jpg

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

You need to find a video or movie editor in your start menu. There should be a program in the list of programs for that. Then you'd upload the vid data while you're in that program.

The stuff is simple stupid, really. It's like playing connect the dots only there's only 10 dots.

Figure it out, and you'll always know. :msp_thumbup:

You need to find a video or movie editor in your start menu. There should be a program in the list of programs for that. Then you'd upload the vid data while you're in that program.

The stuff is simple stupid, really. It's like playing connect the dots only there's only 10 dots.

Figure it out, and you'll always know. :msp_thumbup:

gotta get an sd card now tho should have known it wouldnt come with everything.

Their cheap though. You might as well get a few of them. Their small, and you might lose one.

Perfect setup

Looks great.
I've been talking with my crew for a few years that if they ever developed a combination grapple, crane, and bucket truck that it would be the perfect setup. I didn't realize they had done it until this thread. Do you mind if I ask if the cab/chassis was brand new and what you paid for the whole package?
Thanks and congrats on a great piece of equipment.

Looks great.
I've been talking with my crew for a few years that if they ever developed a combination grapple, crane, and bucket truck that it would be the perfect setup. I didn't realize they had done it until this thread. Do you mind if I ask if the cab/chassis was brand new and what you paid for the whole package?

cab and chassis is 06 helped keep me in a better price range everything else was new. if you where to build brand new on a base model you would probably be at around 150,000 for the boom and chassis saying you get a new chassis for around 70-80 g's wich is almost impossible anymore. i got my cab and chassis for around 40g's

the options are what throws the price up

the boom was right around 70g's if i remember correctly
if you want a fly jib thier around 20g's

but on mine i put radio remote
hydralics to end of boom with grapple
a winch
and a bucket

wich was round 30 grand in options.

thats why you dont see to many of them the booms are worth more than a brand new elevator bucket decked out with chrome and leather heated seats. but they are the cats pajama's

i got a 500 series im working on getting going wich is closer to a 35-40 ton crane and the boom on one of those is right around 140-150k with fly jib and remote control.
so if you wanna get a big boy you get into some seiouse $$ another guy you will find on youtube allmark services thats a 350,000$ rig hes running.

Last edited:
Looks great.

Thier good if you do alot of removals wich is basically all we do we may have pruned 10 trees this year out of a few hundreds jobs. we get subcontracted by atleast 3 other tree services for it so we can usually stay pretty busy with it. even did a few for DAVEY so far this year.

we either use it as a small crane or use it to feed chippers once the crane picks come down so that thiers less processing. finding a chipper that will take what it will stick in it is the hard part now we have been beating the poop out of a 2400xl for a while now.

Last edited:

the 2400 we use is rated at 18 inch i do belive and even has a loader arm on it its made by morbark do you think the 20 is really much better?

i been shooting alot of video with the helmet camera just gotta put my mac up on its stand so i can edit it this laptop im on is a real POS wont even recognize the sd card but its like 8 years old and still working so im proud of it.

i got my wife an imac for xmas from bestbuy the guy said its the cats ass for messing around with video.

how much power you got in the 2400?
but if the difference from 18-20" is the same as say 12-15" or 15-18" I'd say there would be a noticable difference any good morbark dealers in your area that would do a demo? we had an 18" morbark on demo for almost a week from our local place.

does anybody make 22-24" chipper in a "normal" design?

well how about a big bandit 3590 I think there over a million new though and you'll need a semi to pull it and a big chip trailer
maybe a 2590? those come with a pintle so you might still be able to pull it with one of your trucks if it has a big enough tow capacity/strong enough pintle

Last edited:
Step One ~ Buy a Mac ...

... Anyone know what I need to edit the videos so thier not four hours long I've never messed with this before...

There is no step two, the latest Macintoshes come with everything you need to do great videos right out of the box. The iMac has an SD card slot that you can pop the camera card right into. It's really quite simple to import the videos you want and then edit them down to size for posting on the Internet.

It can be time consuming though, so watch out, to edit four hours of video you have to watch it at least once.

There is no step two, the latest Macintoshes come with everything you need to do great videos right out of the box. The iMac has an SD card slot that you can pop the camera card right into. It's really quite simple to import the videos you want and then edit them down to size for posting on the Internet.

It can be time consuming though, so watch out, to edit four hours of video you have to watch it at least once.

yep just busted my iMac out of the box am messing with it now its like a whole new world. very fast tho never seen a computer run this smooth and actually simple to use once you figure it out. whelp I'm working on editing video now gotta figure this out with the go pro and the iMac now i got a lot invested in getting video online now:bang:

Copma Knuckle Boom - YouTube

My fist stab at making a video using the mac ill work on some tomorrow of us picking with it spent hours screwing around with this one of us lifting oak logs my eyes are starting to hurt. sorry about the crappy youtube music all i had to choose from i don't have any on my computer yet.

OMG was that some boring looking ####! I can't imagine how you stayed awake long enough to edit that.. even worse than vets over the deck snoozer! Good job though..

Good first effort Matt!

Copma Knuckle Boom - YouTube

My fist stab at making a video using the mac ill work on some tomorrow of us picking with it spent hours screwing around with this one of us lifting oak logs my eyes are starting to hurt. sorry about the crappy youtube music all i had to choose from i don't have any on my computer yet.

Did you shoot all of that with the helmet cam on your head? You're going to want to get a second camera to get another point of view to be able to mix in to make it more interesting. You have to be careful about adding your own music to anything you post on YouTube because it will get flagged as unlicensed content.

Your phone number went by too quickly to really register, you need to expand the number of frames that it overlays to keep it on the screen longer. You can do this by grabbing the title ribbon on top of the frames used and stretch it to cover more frames to be on the screen longer.

Back