Kohler v twin carb icing up need help!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

regor1462

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just bought new woodmizer and live in northern ontario. Ran it when it was about -12c. It will take too long for anti icing kit to arrive so any other allternatives till spring comes. I was told that maybe I can move the emissions hose out of the throat of the carb for now to stop the icing. Don't know if this will work though, any help would be much appreciated.

move south. :greenchainsaw:

dunno how the air filter is set up..but maybe a temporary air dam to
re direct air off the cylinders to the air cleaner...kinda like the little plates in
chainsaws...

I would love to move south. I know what you mean about the little plates I have the ms660. It must be ok to move the little hose out of the throat of the carb tostop the icing up?

Bullett heater pointed at it? That's why all the new snowmobiles have heated carbs. I usually ride the Mazinaw powerline in Ontario every February, people don't believe me when I tell them it 40 below .

easy fix

Been here before...

Problem is not just the carb its the overall cooling of the engine the block temp is too low....

Just put a little duct tape over the air intake on the fly wheel...

Mark

Just bought new woodmizer and live in northern ontario. Ran it when it was about -12c. It will take too long for anti icing kit to arrive so any other allternatives till spring comes. I was told that maybe I can move the emissions hose out of the throat of the carb for now to stop the icing. Don't know if this will work though, any help would be much appreciated.

regor1462,

I have a Kohler CV25, but mine has the winter warm air kit on it. If you'd like I can take pictures for you, but it's pretty simple. There's a shroud over the muffler. From the shroud a metal tube goes to the air filter cover so that warm air travels from around the muffler, thru' the air filter and into the carb. I've used mine at temperatures from -15c and up and I've had no trouble at all. Previous experience servicing customers V-twin Kohlers has proven their effectiveness as well. Let me know if you'd like pictures so you can fabricate something.

PS : where in the north are you (roughly)? I lived in Timmins and Iroquois Falls for four years in each - worked at Pamour and Dome mines underground. We're headed back there soon.

cheers eh?

John

Hey John thanks for the info. Today I bit the bullet and ordered the anti-icing kit through wood-mizer. Got it for a not bad price I guess oh well should have done that two months ago. I live in Porquis Junction and work at Goldcorp underground on a longtom 8' x 9' subdrift by myself, not a bad job I guess it's a living.

Hey regor,

It's a small world. We have 6 acres on Lauzon Road, right where the Driftwood river runs thru' the first rapids below Monteith. That's where we're building in a few years.

There's not many out there who know what a longtom is. I spent quite a few shifts on a longtom on rubber as a helper for Blackie McMillan in 1979/80. We were doing development on 24 and 25 levels - #6 shaft at The Dome. That was a heck of a lot better gig than rockbolting or pulling chutes with an electric loco, which is what I did most of the time :). I'll dig up a photo and post it for fun....

[email protected]

cheers

John Bartley

Edit : here ya' go ... April 1980, 2506 stope, Dome Mines - recognise the drill?

2506StopeCrew.jpg

Last edited:
Back