Kubota BX25 Mets Rube Goldberg and Moves Some Wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A. Stanton

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Rigged a half pallet to my Kubota BX25 and some Payne Forks in order to move some firewood. Works pretty good.

What ever it takes

Looks like it works!

attachment.php

Once I get my tractor, which is two large purchases away, I was thinking I would stack my wood outside on individual pallets then move it into the barn in the fall with forks. It would save me a lot of time. Nice work!

I've been thinking of doing that too. The only issue is how to stack it or strap it so the wood is stable. Seems like you could stack the better part of a face cord on a pallet. Might start to get heavy for a compact tractor, but even half of that would be nice to handle less times.

I've been thinking of doing that too. The only issue is how to stack it or strap it so the wood is stable. Seems like you could stack the better part of a face cord on a pallet. Might start to get heavy for a compact tractor, but even half of that would be nice to handle less times.

plastic wrap. think packing cellophane..

I had considered that but wouldn't that hinder the ability to dry? I considered using nylon or metal banding, but I would need to use a jig so be able to stack the wood square without cris-crossing it. The idea would be to stack it on the pallet right off the splitter. Then just move it off to storage for seasoning. Then drive it up to the house when ready for it. Pallets are free, so I can have as many as I need. It seems like it could work very efficiently. I think you could sell it that way too if you could get the full face cord. It would come pre stacked! That ought to be worth a premium.

VT, wrap it with chicken wire. It's cheap, can use staples to fasten, and air can circulate.

horse fencing or 4" mesh for concrete

I saw a person who stacked his firewood on pallets.

He set a pallet down dropped a round wire basket with no bottom on the pallet and filled the pallet up with wood.

He said it was sturdy once filled with wood.

Once it was filled with wood he moved the pallet and stacked it on pallet shelving.

I think about three feet high would be good. :cheers: David

Last edited:
I had considered that but wouldn't that hinder the ability to dry? I considered using nylon or metal banding, but I would need to use a jig so be able to stack the wood square without cris-crossing it. The idea would be to stack it on the pallet right off the splitter. Then just move it off to storage for seasoning. Then drive it up to the house when ready for it. Pallets are free, so I can have as many as I need. It seems like it could work very efficiently. I think you could sell it that way too if you could get the full face cord. It would come pre stacked! That ought to be worth a premium.

My landscaper buddy sells his wrapped in plastic, it's seasoned already so I am not sure drying is an issue. He just forks it up in the bed of the truck and dumps them off at Homeowners property. the top is left open for air.

The Chicken wire sounds good too. Stone is delivered that way.

Latest posts

Back