Kudos to Speeco

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericjeeper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I purchased a 28 ton splitter late last fall. I have not split a whole lot of wood with it.. But enough to give it a good workout. I happened to notice the foot was bent slightly. I was worried about it getting worse after the warranty had expired. So I messaged Speeco through here.
She said all she needs was my shipping address. It arrived today by freight. Thanks speeco.

That is not the first time I've heard of them doing that. Their customer service is second to none glad they took care of ya.

Kyle

Yep,

Carolyn hooked me up big time with the replacement pump for my 27 Ton.

I still gotta send the old pump back....
Gotta get busy with that!!

Some folks talk some smack about the Huskee not bieng this or that, but thier customer service is better than anybody elses.

Ya can't get Medical care with as good of follow up! LOL!!

I'll buy another Speeco as soon as wear this one out.:D

Just wish they would get busy making 3/4 ton trucks and tractors.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

With things the way they are now I imagine their industry is booming big time. No matter what happens with the product, support like they have shown will pay big dividends down the road. Relatively speaking there aren't too many companies making log splitters at least on the volume they are. Glad it turned out well for you Eric. Did you know it when it happened or just notice it one day?
Be careful with the return gates. Both me and Earl have bent them. I love that feature but found out you can bend up the guide angles (they call the built in log cradle) while trying to extract a stuck wedge. Simple fix would be to make the angles out of heavier stock. Hint hint Speeco.

I already own a stand alone splitter........ but I will be buying a splitter for my tractor soon also. I will be buying a Speeco based on their great support. :cheers:

Regardless of what I think of the build quality of these units, I must state I always hear rave reviews of the customer service!
Probably wont buy one, but I have to give them props for that, you don't hear of this often enough!:clap:

Regardless of what I think of the build quality of these units, I must state I always hear rave reviews of the customer service!
Actually their fab work is as good as it gets. Its the choice of materials as of late that has caused the trouble. Older units didn't experience these problems.

Actually their fab work is as good as it gets. Its the choice of materials as of late that has caused the trouble. Older units didn't experience these problems.
:agree2:They could solve all their problems if they just went back and built them like they use to. Put the solid toe plate back on and the heavy rails. I love mine, Just glad i bought it before they cheapened it up. I've heard of three toe plates bending. The only reason is the hollow plate they went to. Those new rails look easy to bend when you throw big logs on them. Just build the thing like it use to be and you won't have as many troubles. I guess it's all in the dollar game. I personally wouldn't buy a new one because of the flimsy way their built now.

Thought i would come back and add some more, I'm really glad they took care of you. That says they will still take care of their customers. It just upsets me when a company has probably the best splitter for the money you can buy and soon as they get their reputation built up they go and ruin their product. Okay off rant.

Last edited:
I also have one of the old 34 ton models .. it's been used and abused and never misses a beat. The Tecumseh engine isn't great , been waiting for it to pop for years and when it does I've got a propane Honda going on.

I purchased a 28 ton splitter late last fall. I have not split a whole lot of wood with it.. But enough to give it a good workout. I happened to notice the foot was bent slightly. I was worried about it getting worse after the warranty had expired. So I messaged Speeco through here.
She said all she needs was my shipping address. It arrived today by freight. Thanks speeco.
did they send you just the toe plate or the whole assembly. I can't see them sending just the plate for someone to have to weld on.

On the others they sent the beam assembly. Freight means it was a big heavy part.

The entire beam assembly. Has the 28 ton decals and all.
Sounds like they treated you well! Since you run a 7900 saw you feed your splitter often lol!I just bought my splitter in Nov last year but sure like using it gotta go and stack some wood now for 2010. Been cutting like crazy this week.

Does anyone have an email for Caorlyn? I have very loose wheel bearings on my 35 T. I called the factory to ask for adjustment procedures. I talked to Eric Ryan and he never could come op with and inspection/adjustment procedure. The unit has about 35 miles of travel to get it home.
THANKS

I have nothing but bad to say about spee co unfortunately. I have the 25 ton model. I bought my splitter 4-08. Right now its in the shop, an has been there about4 months total the time I have owned it. Who knows when I will get it back. First the cylinder was leaking, after a few weeks I owned it. Took it back, they had to order a cylinder, by the time they got the cylinder, put the cylinder on that was close to a month. Next the coil went out on the motor. A few weeks later. I called up pretty aggravated at this point they gave me the song and dance that the motor is a brigs and they have no control over it breaking, and how quickly they get parts out, since the coil didn't actually go through them for the engine. I agree, I understand, but at the same token if I go buy a brand new chainsaw and the carburetor goes out it would be like the saw company to tell me hey not our fault we didn't actually build the carb. I realize it is out of their control, but it is on their machine and therefore, it should be a concern of theirs. Now the splitter sits at the shop because where the splitting beam (ram etc) attaches to the tank, there are 2 welds and both welds are cracked. I noticed it when I was changing the hydraulic filter. It is a very poor design. There is a pin that the splitter pivots on (horizontal and vertical) and where that pin attaches to the tank (frame), there are just 2 welds and both welds are cracked. The service shop tells me it is because I have been "roading it too much", ie moving it around, but the most it gets roaded is to and from the shop and 50 ft in and out of the shed about 3 times a week. So now they are going to send a new tank and put my motor, wheels pump etc on the new tank. They have no clue how long it'll be till they get the tank, and the shop said it may take them a week or 2 to switch it all depending on how much other work they have in the shop. I could fix it, and make it a heck of a lot stronger then they did, but I am not fixing their mess and I am not going to risk voiding the warranty.

Speeco Customer Service comes thru for the customer!

When my neighbors’ 1 month old Huskee 22 ton log splitter auto. return valve quit working on his machine we went yesterday to TSC with the purchase receipt to get it fixed.

TSC would not order the part without a RMA (Return material authorization) that we needed to get from Grand Rental (3 miles down the street who is the TSC authorized Huskee Log splitter repair center). So we get in the car and head down the street to Grand Rental. When we get to Grand Rental they do not know what to do, and call TSC on the phone. After TSC and Grand Rental were talking to each other for about 5 minutes and still not knowing what to do, I asked to borrow their telephone.

I came prepared and pulled out the telephone number of Speeco and called Carolyn (aka NICE LADY AT SPEECO) 1-800-525-8322 x146. I explained the problem with the auto. return valve to Carolyn and also the problem with TSC and Grand Rental. She took down my neighbors’ name, telephone #, machine SN, and UPS’d a replacement part to grand rental. Grand rental will be removing the defective part, installing the new part and topping off the hydraulic fluid level. The defective part will be sent back to Speeco for failure root cause.

While the customer service at both TSC and Grand Rental (authorized repair center) was severely lacking it was very comforting to know that SPEECO really cares about the customer and that SPEECO and CAROLYN are great role models for true CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Carolyn, thank you again for your assistance, (I know you monitor this website as part of your customer service). It is people like you that make me spread the good word about SPEECO.

Did Speeco replaced it with the same exact beam and foot plate ? What's to keep the foot from bending again? Or did they modified it and make out of heavier material?

Back