kunckle boom questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isaacvent

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just purchased an older international with a chip box and a knuckle boom. The boom is a haib but its pretty warn out. Kinda loose and floppy with a couple leaks. But otherwise functional lol. The deal included another boom which is like new condition. Its an Effer 6000 az 25. I'm having trouble finding specs on this boom. Do any of you have experience with this model? I'm interested in the range and lift capacity. Thanks

http://www.efferusa.com/Marine PDFs/6000web.pdf

Closest thing I could find. Seems like a marine crane and might be actually a 2S rather then a 25? None of their truck cranes have model numbers even remotely close. If in doubt, contact the manufacturer through their website North American Lifting Equipment | EfferUSA: Exclusive Distributor of Effer Cranes in the US

Shaun

Thanks for the research. I pretty much found the same thing. It is most definitely a truck mounted unit tho. I came off of a truck, and it has outriggers. It is a 2S rather then a 25, you're right. I'm going to keep digging, it I will take any input offered. Thanks again

Put down the shovel and pick up the phone mate. Give effer a call rather than guessing ad you'll have a definite answer in a few minutes. It looks like that link I sent you is the one you have, it's an effer 6000 2S, trees no other model remotely close. I'm sure they'll e able to tell you how your crane differs from the standard if at all. Try do many custom cranes so have the serial number handy and you'll get the info you need.

Shaun

Put down the shovel and pick up the phone mate. Give effer a call rather than guessing ad you'll have a definite answer in a few minutes. It looks like that link I sent you is the one you have, it's an effer 6000 2S, trees no other model remotely close. I'm sure they'll e able to tell you how your crane differs from the standard if at all. Try do many custom cranes so have the serial number handy and you'll get the info you need.

Shaun

OK, just to incase anyone in the future searches it out. The Effer 6000 AZ 2S knuckle boom ; 21' max reach, #1800 lift at 21', #3400 max lift.

Hiab 071

I just bought a old 89 Mack on air with a flat deck that dumps, it has the 071 Hiab with similar specs 24' of reach at 1000kg, 4000kg in close, tight and has no play, and no leaks. Any idea on how to make the best use of the shorter reach? is this a good model for hiab?

I just bought a old 89 Mack on air with a flat deck that dumps, it has the 071 Hiab with similar specs 24' of reach at 1000kg, 4000kg in close, tight and has no play, and no leaks. Any idea on how to make the best use of the shorter reach? is this a good model for hiab?

I can't comment on that model. The hiab that's connected to my truck is a 550. It has a max capacity of about #7600 and a max reach of about 23feet. It has a few leaks, but in my research I have found the hiab is a bettermanufacturer. I had a rep from a local truck/crane dealer look at both of my kb's. He said keep the hiab, fix the leaks. It works perfectly tho, it has lifted every log I have tried so far. You just have to get the truck close to the logs. Or drag the logs to the truck with the crane. It works well, but I hope to have a bigger one someday.

Latest posts

Back