Labour day cutting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a great day in the woods. I to was out in the woods all weekend and it was great the first time in 68 days that it wasnt over 100 degrees. And man after a summer of that in the 80s and i can work!! Worked all weekend and just quit and almost got 8 cords done!!! when you only fight the wood and not the heat it makes it alot easier to stay out there working!!

i cut a cord of rounds off the log pile today [before it started pouring] split n stack later this week , just took order for 2 cords have to deliver early next week . who else was laboring on labor day ?

I was laboring on Labor Day.

Funny thing about Labor Day, it's supposed to be a holiday for those that labor... But the average workin' stiff, the guy who labors 40-50 hours a week can't (usually) afford to waste a day off. There just always seems to be way too much that needs to get done.

I needed to put a new alternator on the wife's van, rear shocks on the pickup, and get some oak cut, split and stacked so I'll have room for the next load or two. The wife had a few honey-do things for me and even with the long weekend I didn't get every thing done that I wanted to. I'll be mowing the grass after work tonight, provided I don't have to go out on the road.

Saturday I cut up the 24" diameter red oak that landed on my shed. That was phase 1. Phase 2 was Sunday which involved emptying out the shed, seeing what was broken (for insurance purposes) and then demolishing the shed. That left yesterday (Monday) free for me to head out on the hiking trails in town and start clearing the blowdowns off the hiking trails. Indeed it was a weekend of Labor!

Latest posts

Back