%Landscaping V/S %Tree Work

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DDM

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I know there is Some other companies out there like mine that do landscaping/Lawn maintenance And Tree work i was just curious What % of tree work you do compared to %of landscaping I Do about 60% tree work compared to 40% landscaping and 10% lawn care.

It depends on the year for me. Some years I do more grass than anything else, other years I do more tree work, other years more landscape work. It just depends on what I come across. However for this year and last year I would have to say that my numbers look a lot like yours do Dave. Maybe 10% grass, 40% tree work, and 50% landscape.

Mine for last year came out to :
Lawn=23%
Landscaping=52%
Tree work=24%
I don't remeber what the years before were but it's more landscaping and less trees than before for whatever reasons.

Tree work 32%
Planting 29%
Hedgelaying 16%
Gardening 15%

Last year was 24,29,15,22, year before 25,8,0,47.

Before I became self employed, a few companies I worked for did 50% tree work, with 50% landscaping (laying lawns, making borders, laying slabs etc.) Other places did 100% tree work. I don't garden or mow lawns any more, except for trimming hedges. I want to increase the tree work a lot more, though I won't give up the planting or hedgelaying. Ideally, I aim to expand, to two teams, one on trees and the other on planting/hedgelaying/the rest.

Roughly:
40% Trees/50% Landscape/10% Lawn

PHC sort of overlaps these three, depending on the weather. We lose money on lawns, break even on landscape maintenance, do well with trees, and do best with landscape installation.

Nickrosis

so far i've been doing 100% tree work.
when customers ask if i can do their lawns, i say no but
i can recomend someone. i usually recomend one of my
lawn buddies (the last one who set me up w/ a job). they
get work for me, i get work for them!!!!
so far, so good!!!!!!!!
budroe:cool:

Back