large hollow white oak removal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jock

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hire and use a MEWP for the day if you can get access, I'm sure the owner will understand the extra cost of the removal if you educate him on the trees declined condition. Jock

Originally posted by treeclimber37
White Oak tree to remove, but you can see it is all hollow in the middle. Actually you can see where it had been filled in with concrete but the concrete is crumbled and tree is large enough to climb in the center. Do I leave it for the guys with the bucket trucks? ............................

What do I do with this large white Oak.....it looks intimidating to me. The real question is why on earth does a homeowner wait so long to take it down in the first place? geese:blob2:

If this tree is beyond the scope of your work, you should leave it alone.

"Guys with bucket trucks" this statement does not exude confidence to me concerning their capabilities based upon machinery, as I have seen bucket tree operators get into serious trouble with a large decayed tree.

If you are intimidated, be sensible find a more experienced firm in your area and request to observe removal procedures. NOTE: the company may reward you with a finder's fee. And wish to develop an association with your firm.

Latest posts

Back