large Jonsered Chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blrobison

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm looking to purchase a relatively large Jonsered chainsaw for felling larger trees. I'm looking to maybe put a 28" bar on it or something near that length. I was checking out the 2152, but has anyone has success with the Jonsered line in general?

All the decent or better Jonsered models are based on a Husky model, and made by Husky by now, and it has been that way for a decade (the "made" part for more than two decades).

It sounds like you could do with a 2172 (372xpXT), depending on the wood. The 2152 is a high qualty saw, but way to small for anything close to a 28" bar.

Last edited:
Hard or soft wood?

Softwood you may get away with a 2172 though based on my 372XPG I wouldn't use it for felling big stuff, power just isn't there.

Hardwood, 2188, or if you can find one as they're still around at some dealers, a 2186 would be the J'red choices for your application.

Take Care

I'm looking to purchase a relatively large Jonsered chainsaw for felling larger trees. I'm looking to maybe put a 28" bar on it or something near that length. I was checking out the 2152, but has anyone has success with the Jonsered line in general?

How big is the wood you are actually cutting?

You can get a ton of work done with a 70cc saw with a 20" or 24" bar on it. But if you are hitting big hardwoods a 85+CC jobbie will bring a grin to your face.

I have the jonsered cs2152c turbo, I picked it up for $50. Didn't need anything besides a cleaning, and runs great! Very reliable, good cutter 20220217_154351.jpg

Back