Laser Chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
has anyone tried this brand of chain? i am thinking of a few loops for my ms440 to try out (Laser 9C72 20"Chain) but i never heard of it before.

Used it in the past, but have switched over to Stihl chain. Found the Stihl does not need nearly as much sharpening and doesn't stretch as much. Not that much difference in price, at least from my dealer.

Thanks for your business, It's an Oregon product made in their Windsor division. It has the exact same cutter as the 72LG chain with a different bottom drive links. It is private labeled for many people sold under Laser, Total, Woodsman Pro, and Forester. Great chain at a value price because no advertising money is tied to it. Most manufacturers figure advertising into their products thus making some cost more than others. Thanks again. Tony

Uwharrie said:
Thanks for your business, It's an Oregon product made in their Windsor division. It has the exact same cutter as the 72LG chain with a different bottom drive links. It is private labeled for many people sold under Laser, Total, Woodsman Pro, and Forester. Great chain at a value price because no advertising money is tied to it. Most manufacturers figure advertising into their products thus making some cost more than others. Thanks again. Tony

hi, guess u got my order today,,, ordered 2 loops of laser for my 440, 1 loop ..325 laser, and 1 loop oregon super 20 .325........i want to compare the .325 laser to the super 20 .325

woodsman pro

I was told from Bailey's that Woodsmanspro was made by Carlton.It supposeably has harder chrome than Carlton.Is this correct?
Ed

bks044 said:
Vman do you always run 325 chain on your 044 isnt it kinda small new guy here just curious.

read my post #3
i got the laser 3/8 0.50 for my ms440 and got the .325 0.50 for my husky 350.
it might have sounded like 325 for both, if so i apologise

ahhhh, now i see after reading post #6....i gues i was confusing....sorry about that

BTW...wonder what would happen with 325 on the ms440????????

Woodsman Pro is our house brand name. Most of our WP chain is manufactured by Carlton. The exception is the X-series WP chain which is the Windsor / Oregon hybrid. As previously described, it's a Windsor frame with an Oregon cutter.

Back