Late Summer Vacation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fmaglin

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
The wife and I are talkin about takin a week and flying out to Warshington State and renting a vehicle to take in some of the sites. What areas would have some logging interests. I'd like to personally meet some of you if there would be a chance. Thanks.:cheers:

Depending on when, there might could be some downhill yarding going on not too far off the road to the most recently blown up volcano.
Well, we were talking about last week of August. Right now it's still in the thinking phase.

Right now there's a big yarder set up that you can see right from the highway just a tad bit west of Morton. I will try to get some photos of it.
You don't see the big ones much anymore. They've got some long yarding--looked like a crew rig was parked just off the highway. I do not know how long it'll take them. I know the company and they have good people working for them. They can move wood. The area is in partial hootowl, and they will have to shut down at 1PM. If we get the temps predicted this weekend, they may be totally shut down.

Right now there's a big yarder set up that you can see right from the highway just a tad bit west of Morton. I will try to get some photos of it.
You don't see the big ones much anymore. They've got some long yarding--looked like a crew rig was parked just off the highway. I do not know how long it'll take them. I know the company and they have good people working for them. They can move wood. The area is in partial hootowl, and they will have to shut down at 1PM. If we get the temps predicted this weekend, they may be totally shut down.
I would certainly be interested in seeing their operation. Is hootowl enacted to prevent fires due to dry conditions? Right now we have had to move the date up to the middle of Sept. I hope things will still be in operation. Would Morton be anywheres close to Madsen's store?

I would certainly be interested in seeing their operation. Is hootowl enacted to prevent fires due to dry conditions? Right now we have had to move the date up to the middle of Sept. I hope things will still be in operation. Would Morton be anywheres close to Madsen's store?

Morton is about 40 miles away. Morton is also on one of the ways to Mt St Helens.

We are getting east winds which dry things out quickly. We have various levels of fire precautions and we are currently at level 2, which means yarders and fallers shut down at 1PM. If we go to a 3, those two operations will be totally shut down. Skidders can still operate.

Back