Lawnboy advice?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie294life

Brush Popper and Amateur Tree Butcher
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I just put back together my lawnboy f series after replacing the piston/crank seals. The engine started running rough and was blowing smoke out the bottom half the engine case, so I shut her down. I put this back together using motoseal cleaned everything very well and torqued down with the wrist calibrated wrench. Doesn’t look like it worked. Any suggestions on doing this better next time? I’ve got a pressure tester, kind of kicking myself for not doing a leak down test on this before putting it all back together.

I just put back together my lawnboy f series after replacing the piston/crank seals. The engine started running rough and was blowing smoke out the bottom half the engine case, so I shut her down. I put this back together using motoseal cleaned everything very well and torqued down with the wrist calibrated wrench. Doesn’t look like it worked. Any suggestions on doing this better next time? I’ve got a pressure tester, kind of kicking myself for not doing a leak down test on this before putting it all back together.
Put it back together had a chunk of gasket on the mating surface, got lazy the first time and didn’t do seals did them this time. Seems to rip and roll now!!!

Back