Lazy by the fire

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unclemoustache

My 'stache is bigger than yours.
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Got up early this morn to take a daughter somewhere, and got 1/2 block when I realized I had a flat. Walked back and got a different vehicle. Truck is still out there with the flat, and I've got the time to fix it now, but it feels so good to just sit here by the fire!

Why is it that we all get so lazy by the fire, failing to do the things that need doing? We work so hard for our firewood, I wonder if the effort we put into it is half of the reason we feel so lazy by the fire.

I really should go and fix that tire, but my wife just made chocolate chip cookies. Maybe I should grab a couple more and come back to my chair...

Why is it that we all get so lazy by the fire, failing to do the things that need doing? We work so hard for our firewood, I wonder if the effort we put into it is half of the reason we feel so lazy by the fire.

I really should go and fix that tire, but my wife just made chocolate chip cookies. Maybe I should grab a couple more and come back to my chair...

Like your title sais "Lazy". We are all lazy by nature, some more than others. I worked midnights last night got off this morning and was going to go out to the woods. Ran and got some saw parts and went home for a nap. Wife woke me up at 12 and I fell back asleep. Woke up at 2:30, now I'm screwed for going to sleep tonight. Got a golf cart rear end to put back together, 2 carbs to rebuild and other little things in the garage. Well why am I on AS, because I'm "LAZY" today. See ya, I'm going to sit in front of the fire.:) Wish I had some cookies to go with this fresh cup of coffee.:)

Occasionally, you need to sit back, put your feet up and enjoy the fruits of your labor.
At least the dogs get to enjoy mine.image.jpg

How do you get your dogs to lay on the ceiling like that ? :)
The photo looks properly oriented when I look at the post.
It looked fine when I opened your attachment.
Is everyone seeing it upside down?

I spent quite a while outside today and got pretty chilled. The big stove is cranking in the basement and the small one is going up here. There just isn't anything to warm your bones like the radiant heat from a wood stove.

Boss fired anothger farmer so I got volunteered to go over to the icky side of the farm and do..work!!

whut the heck, finally got a nice day, sunny, warm for winter, no wind, dry in the driveway..was gonna work on a truck. Nope......

I get to be lazy at night mostly, daylight work, take a break, go work, take a break, 7 days a week. I can slack if it is wicked nasty out and am caught up with chores, if not, have to work when it is nasty. Never ever honmestly really caught up, always something that needs doin'.

realizing if I was three guys I would still be behind, i don't sweat it, but it would be nice to be actually caught up and think about going to do something fun, off the farm someplace..anyplace....do they still have movies?

I think it's in the air today. I have been chillin' out on the laptop while the stove keeps the house super cozy at 15 degrees outside. Wood heat rulz!!!!!!

Got up early this morn to take a daughter somewhere, and got 1/2 block when I realized I had a flat. Walked back and got a different vehicle. Truck is still out there with the flat, and I've got the time to fix it now, but it feels so good to just sit here by the fire!

I know exactly how you feel unc. I've had the fireplace going since early this morning and currently it's at 75 in here and 17 outside. Burning nothing but oak now and the wife and I are relaxing watching the flames dance around. There were things I wanted to accomplish today too, but it just wasn't happening. Oh well, Sunday's another day.

Back