Lazy row workers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgreanbeans

Treeaculterologist
Reaction score
So the Big O is in da hood, on my street. Now I know why our bill is so high. ALL THEY DO IS SIT IN THE TRUCK! All day we had 4 trucks on my street, one was working.......very little. The other 3 just sat in their trucks ALL DAY, when we drove by, they were sleeping!!! WTF!!! The crew that was doing something, was moving so slow............it was irritating me. The other thing that boggled my mind, both guys had to weigh over 300lbs, BIG O FATTYS! Was hoping to see them climb, notta, just bucket. My bucket is rated for 250lbs, they where way over it, the one looked as if he filled the bucket completely! My wife tried shooting a vid, but window screen messed it up. I know the GF knew, as he was there with them. One of them was scoping my stuff out from the other yard when we pulled in. Soon as he seen us, spun around and walked off, quickly. Didn't like that. Oh well, have the camera system up, go ahead and steal something!
I have a rep here of being a slave driver, I dont think I am, now I know why. Guess if I got to sit in my truck all day, then had to work for someone like me, I would not like it either. I expect them to work, if you are on the clock, you better be moving. Have had several guys try out with me, now I can understand why I was always disappointed. At the pace they work, I would never get anything done! Guess I shouldn't get too mad tho, looks like they have a cushy job!
Wonder how much the bill out for each truck per day. Ya know damn well, we get billed for it.
Sure do have nice stuff tho, all brand new trucks & chippers.

when we drove by, they were sleeping!!! WTF!!!

next time walk up to their window with one of those hand held air horns and give em a wake up call. I hate lazy people. long time ago had a buddy help me with a side job. Apparently he had too much to drink the night before. Walked into the back yard and he was passed out on the customers patio chair. I fired up an 066 a few feet from his ears and let her rip. He didn't like that..

I have pics of them camped out in my front yard... and in my backyard... and over by the side too. I think they did 20 minutes worth of work in 4 hours plus the hour and a half for lunch. I went up to ther foreman and said " don de esta job applications?"

So the Big O is in da hood, on my street. Now I know why our bill is so high. ALL THEY DO IS SIT IN THE TRUCK! All day we had 4 trucks on my street, one was working.......very little. The other 3 just sat in their trucks ALL DAY, when we drove by, they were sleeping!!! WTF!!! The crew that was doing something, was moving so slow............it was irritating me. The other thing that boggled my mind, both guys had to weigh over 300lbs, BIG O FATTYS! Was hoping to see them climb, notta, just bucket. My bucket is rated for 250lbs, they where way over it, the one looked as if he filled the bucket completely! My wife tried shooting a vid, but window screen messed it up. I know the GF knew, as he was there with them. One of them was scoping my stuff out from the other yard when we pulled in. Soon as he seen us, spun around and walked off, quickly. Didn't like that. Oh well, have the camera system up, go ahead and steal something!
I have a rep here of being a slave driver, I dont think I am, now I know why. Guess if I got to sit in my truck all day, then had to work for someone like me, I would not like it either. I expect them to work, if you are on the clock, you better be moving. Have had several guys try out with me, now I can understand why I was always disappointed. At the pace they work, I would never get anything done! Guess I shouldn't get too mad tho, looks like they have a cushy job!
Wonder how much the bill out for each truck per day. Ya know damn well, we get billed for it.
Sure do have nice stuff tho, all brand new trucks & chippers.
I would be more concerned with the scoping of your stuff than anything.In fact I would expect him to come back one nite soon and try to steal something at least that is what my experience has been.

I would be more concerned with the scoping of your stuff than anything.In fact I would expect him to come back one nite soon and try to steal something at least that is what my experience has been.

Well if they do, I will get them. Gotz me dos fancy cameras that see at night, the DVR is on a 2500 hour loop, drops off last 24 everyday, so it is always recording, they have motion detectors and will zoom in on the movement. Would love to catch someone. Have been having some one come up thru the woods and pull hitch pins and covers. Unhook stuff and move stuff around. Pretty sure it is that POS Matt that worked for me. Reason I got the cameras. But if those dudes come back, I will get them 2!

Well if they do, I will get them. Gotz me dos fancy cameras that see at night, the DVR is on a 2500 hour loop, drops off last 24 everyday, so it is always recording, they have motion detectors and will zoom in on the movement. Would love to catch someone. Have been having some one come up thru the woods and pull hitch pins and covers. Unhook stuff and move stuff around. Pretty sure it is that POS Matt that worked for me. Reason I got the cameras. But if those dudes come back, I will get them 2!

good investment. I got a buddy that does security systems who's putting me together a set up like yours

It is a shame to see anyone with this kind of work ethics. Darn GF should not allow this kind of behavior. This makes the industry look bad and just as you said the public sees this as to why there bills are high. It starts at the management. If the GF was on the site and saw the crews performing below par he should fix it. Not only will the crews bring trouble upon themselves, but eventually it will catch up with him also. I don't ask my crews to kill themselves but expect them to give an honest days worth of work for their pay. As a manager it is your duty to ensure this along with all your other duties. That being said I know there are times when we as line clearance trimmers are observed as not working. In storm situations we often wait for work orders, or for lineman to safely ground the wires so the work can proceed safely. Still, the guys could organize their trucks, clean and maintenance the saws, or even pull out some training material. But to be sleeping in the truck is just asking to get your b@##s busted.

I seen them doing a small silver Saturday and they were ripping these small logs in half. The logs were under a hundred pounds, it was more work cutting them and cleaning up the ribbons. There were five guys and one women that wants to be a man just standing around.

How much does that equipment cost?

maybe the utility company told them to make three days worth of work last two weeks so they could get the new contracts in order, it has been know to happen believe it or not... I also doubt you'll have anything stolen, you saw him and can ID him plus I highly doubt he wanted to steal, probably just curious about your equipment...

Latest posts

Back