Lemon 026 Pro

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, things were good back then, Roger. In general, I think a pretty good time was had by all in spite of the hiccups every now and again. Besides you, pretty much only Rotax, you and I remain unbanned, however that's possible.

Look how much this site has grown over the years. Congratulations, Darin!

Why is it that alot of the older members were banned? I find this to be a reoccuring topic brought up when old threads are dug up. I actually got several good chuckles from alot of the posts.:laugh:

Back in the first years AS existed, things could get pretty wild on the chainsaw forum. Much of what went on that people saw on their computers was well choreographed behind the scenes via phone calls and emails at all hours of the day and night. We all had multiple aliases and traded them back and forth at will. Although I myself had no less than 10 alter egos at one time, one's enough today. Those days are over.

I joined AS initially to find out about my dad's old David Bradley chainsaw and quickly got sucked in to the fun and games of who were then the top posters on the site. Unlike me, they were all pretty much involved professionally with chainsaws; they worked hard and they played hard. In the few years that I was posting regularly on AS, however, I ended up buying no less than half a dozen chainsaws just because I liked fooling around with them. I also traveled across the country and Canada to meet AS members at chainsaw get-togethers. On a few occasions, some of the guys would come out and stay with me for a while. Rotax Robert, Ken Dunn and Gypo have all been out here to visit and we all got to be pretty good friends.

When I was out at Dennis Greffard's place at his first so-called Clearwater Revival in 2002, I met Dennis, Rotax, Gypo, Sawracr, Rupedoggy and RBTree for the first time. We had a great time out there. A while later, Dennis, Rotax, Gypo and I all met out at Rupedoggy's place out in Placerville, CA. While we were there, we stopped in at Ken Dunn's in Oroville and Art Martin's in Sacramento and dragged them along too. There are pictures on this site that we took at all these parties.

Even though most legitimate threads were somehow taken far off-topic by one or another of us, obtaining a broad spectrum of knowlege always seemed to prevail. Of course, along the way there were always disagreements and some of them would get ugly on the forum. Darin was very patient, but ultimately he'd have to step in and baby sit. In the beginning, this was probably just a niusance to him, but as time went on, the posts and pictures got more outrageous and I'm sure this didn't look good to his sponsors. To us, this was just a sandbox, but to Darin it was a business.

I haven't stopped by here very much in many years, but as I said above, this site has really grown. If it weren't administered to as Darin was pretty much forced to, it probably wouldn't be what it is today, if anything at all. Make no mistake about it; the AS of 2002 was completey different from the AS of today.

We were all banned at least once along the way for posting foolish and sometimes vulgar things, but we'd appeal to Darin via private email to let us back in, when we promised to behave. After a while, we'd start to get bored and things would escalate again, then Darin would step in. With many, he just got sick of it and enough was enough.

Last edited:
The stories are many and wild. Most sane people would probably have a hard time believing the majority of them.

Here's a picture that's been posted here from the 2002 Clearwater Revival:

Rear left to right: Dennis, Sawracr, Gypo Logger
Front left to right: Rupedoggy, Rotax Robert, RBTree, dbabcock
Rotax's Predator V8 Chainsaw

The first night there, we all went down to dinner at a local restaurant and Rotax didn't want to leave the Predator outside in the back of the truck, so he asked if he could bring it inside and set it in the middle of the dance floor. The restaurant owners actually thought it was pretty cool and it certainly got a lot of attention from the other diners. Of course, I never got back to them on what everyone thought when Robert actually fired the thing up in there during dinner.

Well that explains alot. Thanks dbabcock. It sounds like it was a hoot back then. It would also be nice if some of those folks would be able to come back. It would be neat to read the stories. Maybe not in the chainsaw forum. But in another part of AS. Kinda like a AS reunion part of the forum.

wow! awesome stories dbabcock. it would have been so cool to be around with you guys back then. a V-8 saw fired up during dinner, priceless! please feel free to share more stories if you will.

wow! awesome stories dbabcock. it would have been so cool to be around with you guys back then. a V-8 saw fired up during dinner, priceless! please feel free to share more stories if you will.

I agree!!!

Lets hear some more!

Wonder how many of those originals are still here under different names?;)

I'm sure that was wicked loud. I brought my poulan 6000 I got from rupedoggy into work (Warehouse nights) and fired it up. it was amazing :clap:

to OP: Leave the beavers alone. more good things will come from living in peace with them than from hunting down to extinction;
you own a creek ? damn!

Back