Lets see them Muffler mod pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here's the one i did on my 670 champ.
attachment.php
attachment.php

heres some of a 365 special muffler with a 288 deflector...not meant to look that great, but don't help that it got left in the rain one night....

View attachment 87567

View attachment 87568

and here's the muffler on my 2100...it's really a 480 muffler(if im not mistaken) bakc when there was the option of the side deflector or the jungle muffler exhuast(which is huge...) so i cut out part of the restrictive piping in the muffler and add the jungle muffler deflector plate as well,...so it breaths really good now, just have a little problem with hearing afterwords...lol

View attachment 87569

View attachment 87570

hey guys.
sorry i havent been online much lately. Have had alot going on around here. But i think im back for good now
Hey gremlin glad your back,I to thought you fell off the face of the earth.Your the one that got me going with all this modding stuff and I can't thank you enough.Heres the muffler on my 026 I just finished a woods port on.Muffler design look familiar?:chainsaw:

Gotta take credit

Nice job on the repair of the cylinder fins. What is your secret to repair? I have a cylinder in need of two wings reattached.

Gotta take credit for the work I did... The Stihl 044 muffler mod and 372 fin welding is my work and saws. The secret to welding the fins of is 1. cleaning the weld area very well and preheating the whole part before welding. Sometimes I put the parts in the oven (don't tell the wife) but on this one I just heated it up with a torch. You just have to be very careful when preheating with the torch not to over heat or distort the part.

As you can see I did not do a great job preparing/cleaning the weld area on the 372 muffler mod and the welds are not as nice as on the fins. I find silicon bronze filler rod works great for muffler mods.

What kind of paint do you guys use on these mufflers after you weld/braze them to make them look so pretty and does it stay on long? Thanks

I use the VHT Ceramic exhaust paint that I get at the Automotive Parts store. Be sure to slowly cure it after painting in your oven. Then when you put it on the saw the first time I heat cycle it a few times and then let it sit for a while.

I have found that if you put it on the saw and immediately start cutting wood.....the paint will come off where the muffler gets really hot.

Back