let's see them tractors!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is what I use. I had to convert the pics to GIF files. I made them 800x600 but I think their kinda big.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Sadly this is all I got to move firewood until I can save up my pennies to get a tractor. :( I'd really love an old school pre 50s machine but a newer CUT may be more practical...

DSC00456800x600.jpg

Well, I got this beast too, but I think any more than 2 or three pieces of wood would make the poor little lawn mower fall apart :laugh:

DSC00587800x600.jpg

A pair of David Brown 995's. 65 hp, 12 forward speed, 4 reverse. Made in England - Not sure the exact year but right around 1970. They were bought out by Case at one point, some tractors have both names or the Case name on a David Brown tractor. Parts still available through Case dealerships. I have a set of bale spears for the loader which are handy for moving logs or bundles of slabwood. The snowblower is 7ft wide, dual auger, good match for the tractor.

4399DSC01344-med.JPG
This is what I use to get my firewood.
4399DSC01343-med.JPG
Oh and I also wanted to show off the bridge I just built in my wood lot!

Last edited:
my old beater 800

Those are great in the woods. I just got rid of my '56 860 and bought a Kubota L5030 as the size and HP are really close, but with 4wd, Loader, and my forks it is great in the woods also. I usually buck the logs to 10' and bring them to the house to finish cutting. Sure beats dragging them IMHO when your cutting for firewood or cutting into lumber.:cheers:

4399DSC01345-med.JPG
[/IMG]
Can you elaborate more on the bridge?
We started out by making concrete forms out of 3/4" ply wood. Next we dug ledges on the creek bank 24" deep by 18" wide 8' long.
We set the forms leveled and squared them with each other.

Pulled the forms back out and drilled 8" holes another 48" into the ground to attempt to get past the frost level. reset the forms added 1/2" re-rod and wire mesh.

We made the forms to hold the Bar joists. I got the bar joists used. They are from a local mall. They where used as floor joists for a 2nd floor in a warehouse. I had them sprayed with primer at the local steel yard. Then I painted them with oil based implement paint.

We then mixed and poured 6,000 pounds of concrete one bag at a time Let that set up for several weeks. Then bolted 2x6 stringers to the top of the joists and used 2x8 for decking. It is 7'wide by 23' long It was a lot of work....

Last edited:
Back