let's see them tractors!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4399DSC01345.JPG
[/IMG]
4399DSC01347-med.JPG
[/IMG]
We started out by making concrete forms out of 3/4" ply wood. Next we dug ledges on the creek bank 24" deep by 18" wide 8' long.
We set the forms leveled and squared them with each other.

Pulled the forms back out and drilled 8" holes another 48" into the ground to attempt to get past the frost level. reset the forms added 1/2" re-rod and wire mesh.

We made the forms to hold the Bar joists. I got the bar joists used. They are from a local mall. They where used as floor joists for a 2nd floor in a warehouse. I had them sprayed with primer at the local steel yard. Then I painted them with oil based implement paint.

We then mixed and poured 6,000 pounds of concrete one bag at a time Let that set up for several weeks. Then bolted 2x6 stringers to the top of the joists and used 2x8 for decking. It is 7'wide by 23' long It was a lot of work....
4399DSC01345-med.JPG
[/IMG]

It looks great. Wanna build one in NJ? :laugh:

I paid too much for the 44-6, and I got the WD45 for free (motor was stuck).

The Rusty Iron Bug is as bad as CAD! I have a '47 Farmall M and a '39 JD B. The B is a basket case and I bought the M in '80 and restored it in '87. I think I paid 700 for the M and the B was in my wife's family.
Good to see that old iron working.:clap:

The Rusty Iron Bug is as bad as CAD! I have a '47 Farmall M and a '39 JD B. The B is a basket case and I bought the M in '80 and restored it in '87. I think I paid 700 for the M and the B was in my wife's family.
Good to see that old iron working.:clap:
Funny, I have a '47 Farmall H

Cool, I had a '48 H I gave to my dad ~20 years ago, had a loader w/ trip bucket:eek:
The H was alot easier to steer and was the choice for backing wagons/mowing hay and other light duty chores around the place.

Dad still uses it for raking etc.

A pair of David Brown 995's. 65 hp, 12 forward speed, 4 reverse. Made in England - Not sure the exact year but right around 1970. They were bought out by Case at one point, some tractors have both names or the Case name on a David Brown tractor. Parts still available through Case dealerships. I have a set of bale spears for the loader which are handy for moving logs or bundles of slabwood. The snowblower is 7ft wide, dual auger, good match for the tractor.

Here is a neat sight that gives more info on that tractor
http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/000/4/1/413-david-brown-995.html

DB made the 995 from '71-'76 rated at 64 hp Drawbar 49 HP PTO 59

Back