Lets see your splitters

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bvkKA_SvvC8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bvkKA_SvvC8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Not really mine kinda adopted it from a friends father last year. Early 1970's model, back when he had his fire wood operation he had two of these and was doing 100 cord or so a year. So this machine has 500+ cords on it id say, he had the business for about 10 years. Only minor things replaced and its on its 3rd motor now a 5hp honda still starts 1st pull.
PICT0153.jpg

Wow! That's a ancient Super Split there. Cool...:cheers:

gink,

What kind of valve is that? I would like to hear how you set that up to auto-return. I am getting all my ducks in a row so I can start a splitter build.

Here is mine. It's an over engineered gutless wonder but it's way better than swinging my back and brains out with a maul.
ry%3D480

Actually it doesn't do bad but I think the valve is shot. I've been wanting to put one on that has the detent any ways.
ry%3D480

i'd rather see the home made ones.

Ask and ye shall recieve!!!!!!! Lol

17 H.P. Quiet series Kohler from my old Toro mower a long with the 5 gallon gas tank and 22 GPM Barns pump with a 5''x 24'' and 2 1/2 rod, cylinder. Steel was all scrap i had laying around + a little i picked up at the scrap yard. The only thing i wish i'd done differently was a 28 GPM pump but cycle times not that bad the way it is at 10 seconds. Pull 4 pins to slide the table's off and run the wedge out all the way and you can stand the beem up one handed.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Ask and ye shall recieve!!!!!!! Lol

17 H.P. Quiet series Kohler from my old Toro mower a long with the 5 gallon gas tank and 22 GPM Barns pump with a 5''x 24'' and 2 1/2 rod, cylinder. Steel was all scrap i had laying around + a little i picked up at the scrap yard. The only thing i wish i'd done differently was a 28 GPM pump but cycle times not that bad the way it is at 10 seconds. Pull 4 pins to slide the table's off and run the wedge out all the way and you can stand the beem up one handed.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Sweet...I love the table, sure would make my splitting easier.

Latest posts

Back