Lets See Your Wood Sheds/Outdoor Racks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's mine 10x16 it will hold about 5 cords made out of mostly recycled stuff except the roofing. Siding came off our sawmill it is ash.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Here's mine right after I finished it. The siding came off a horse barn that I took down - 5/4 white oak!

I guess I'll chime in too. The low side is about 18" off the ground, and the floor is not solid. Lots of airflow.

As soon as I have the time I'm going to build a Holz Hausen.

lagermoeglichkeit_holzvorrat.jpg

It seems like people have varied results with how effective they are at drying wood, but I think I've got a site and climate that will work. I think they can't be beat for aesthetics. If the Holz Hausen works for me I'll start doing all my wood that way.

unless you really good, it won't be as nice as this one. I posted pictures of the two I built a while ago.

they are in this thread.

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=150763&highlight=holz+hausen

But next year I want to do this

attachment.php

That is almost too pretty to burn. Something the a big firewood retailer would have the summer intern / art students do roadside next to the sign. Not sure I would have the patience, but might be cool to try -- on a smaller scale of course.

Last edited:
New this year for indoor econoburn 200 and extra storage.

Can store my wood inside. Have a 1000 gallon tank in the enclosed lean that will be thermal storage.

gg

Not much too it, Just a lean too off another building.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Nice set up SS. I like the truck too.

I got into actually testing out different kinds of racks the one year. I found the Landman brand that HD sells work the best. Sturdiest. It also affords me some alternatives if I want to change things around.
I will usually cover with a tarp in late October.

Racks outside the basement patio door.
Lowes racks in the front left. Not too bad, but 2x4's fit very loosely.
Plastic racks front right. OK, but will break eventually. I know!
HD racks, rear right. Had these a few years now and hold up well.
I use pressure treated 2x4's and put a couple eyelets in the sides and
ends to hook bungee cords into when I tarp it.

woodpile1.jpg

Some racks at the bottom of the yard. Apple trees in full bloom here.

P1030012.jpg

Kevin

some of you peeps are stacking artists, I could pop a frigging string and not get them that straight, Nice Job...

I need to get some pics of my building, it's a 20x30 pole barn with no sides. one side of the roof is clear corrogated plastic so the sun can shine on the stacked wood, the other side is Metal roofing so I can work in the shade. I can back my 16' trailer under it and still have room for the splitter and a good size pile to chuck um on before stacking.

some of you peeps are stacking artists, I could pop a frigging string and not get them that straight, Nice Job...

I need to get some pics of my building, it's a 20x30 pole barn with no sides. one side of the roof is clear corrogated plastic so the sun can shine on the stacked wood, the other side is Metal roofing so I can work in the shade. I can back my 16' trailer under it and still have room for the splitter and a good size pile to chuck um on before stacking.

Please do. I plan to build an open pole barn first when I buy my retirement property.

Thanks,

Al

Latest posts

Back