Let's See Your Work Bench

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimberWolf530

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I built a barn last year. It's a 16X16 with a 16X12 wing on either side for a total footprint of 16X40. I'm just now getting around to adding a work bench. It's 8 ft long X 32" wide. I have pegboard installed about 30" high, and plan to put some type of shelving above that. I would like to see what some of you have done to get some ideas on how to finish it off.

The bench is solid ash, the legs are solid oak...

standard.jpg

It has no fasteners, it's own weight holds it together and it's VERY solid.

SR

The bench is solid ash, the legs are solid oak...

standard.jpg

It has no fasteners, it's own weight holds it together and it's VERY solid.

SR

Awesome Bench!!!!!!!

Reloading books and a Forster Co-Ax!!!!! Hot Dog!!!!!! I love reloading books especially the older ones.

What's your humidity down there?

Awesome Bench!!!!!!!

Reloading books and a Forster Co-Ax!!!!! Hot Dog!!!!!! I love reloading books especially the older ones.

What's your humidity down there?
Humidity isn't high, as we have a dehumidifier there and also a wood fired furnace, and that keeps it comfortable for working on the bench.

Here's the tree it came out of,

standard.jpg

The log getting loaded,

standard.jpg

All loaded up, with firewood and one saw log,

standard.jpg

then I milled the log,

standard.jpg

and cut out/built the bench,

standard.jpg

even finding a place for my gear wrenches,

standard.jpg

It was a fun/useful project... Thanks for viewing...

SR

View attachment 534421

Here's what it looks like on the inside. The perspective is a little warped because this was done as a panorama with my phone. The bench was built in the left corner after the picture was taken, it just hasn't been finished.
You need more stuff! Useful and not so useful. I can still see the floor.

I have several work benches. This one saves bending over and loosing stuff in the grass and brush. I haul my saws and stuff in the black toolbox every time I go back but but the bench stays in the bush until it rots. I move it around to wherever I'm working.
View attachment 534685

My loading table will serve the same purpose. But I'm going to build it with some steel I have laying around so I don't have to worry about it rotting. Started cutting and laying it out tonite but didn't feel like getting the welder out.

View attachment 534420

Here's what it looks like from the outside. This was taken last spring, so the left wing is now almost full with 5 cords in it. The lawn tractor will eventually be inside, so more room for next year's wood on the right.

I really like that. Im in the process of doing dirtwork for a building if you don't mind me asking how much do you have invested in what you have pictured?

That bench was $5 at an auction sale. I have benches all over the place. This is one of my shop 15 minutes ago. Typical night in there. My son does work for neighbours and buddies, the one jet ski in the back is his everything else is custom work. Winterizing jet skiis. 4 wheeler was rolled at 60 mph and is half fixed. This shop is 24x 56'.
IMG_20161101_215744.jpg

About $3,000. That's materials only. I did all the labor. Well, with some help from friends.

Wow, that's dirt cheap! I have almost that just in the floor of my 16x20 shed. 2X8PT 12" OC, 3/4 PT ply sheathing.. sitting on 4 4x6x20 skids.

Latest posts

Back