Lickity Log Splitter EK-308

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sr73087

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I picked up an old Lickity Log Splitter this weekend for a good price. It runs and splits, but occasionally it will hit the log and push it maybe 1/4" and stop. If I back it off and try again, it will go right through it. I haven't tried to split anything huge yet but it seems like it does not rev up under load, which I would assume could be related.

Also, does anyone know where I can find a manual and seal kit for the piston for this?

Webbs bought out all the Lickity parts and probably has seal kits. I think the full name is Webbs Farm Supply, but when I did a search all I got was a Go Daddy add. There are a few folks that still have them here and someone will be along shortly.

Try 408-395-2227, for Webb's. I forget the model numbers, but mine was one of the early big units. Does your throttle cable hook to the lever that activates the ram? On the bigger, older ones, the throttle cable hooked to the lever, and when you push it forward it throttles up, when it starts to retract it goes back to idle. The newer, smaller units work more like a modern splitter.

Does your throttle cable hook to the lever that activates the ram? On the bigger, older ones, the throttle cable hooked to the lever, and when you push it forward it throttles up, when it starts to retract it goes back to idle. The newer, smaller units work more like a modern splitter.

The throttle cable does hook up to the lever. So I guess the issue could be in that linkage?

Either way, I will give Webb's a call for the seal kit and possibly a manual.

Attachments

• IMG_6418.JPG
    IMG_6418.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_6419.JPG
    IMG_6419.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 14

Latest posts

Back