Limb Walkers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darkstar

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
These are what we use for walking out on slippery wet limbs. Mossy limbs and /or otherwise any limb that you would normally walk on top of.They provide great grip but likely should be used only in removals as they could puncture bark.
What say ye?

you got it darkstar, here ya go
th_treewalkers.jpg
these work too, awsome after an ice storm.

Last edited:
Looks like a neat idea, but I am sure the manufacturer would not like the fact that you drilled holes in the iron and probably weakened it. I guess they are still strong enough and functional but can't say I would agree with doing it.
Just my most humble opinion of course. :)

They provide great grip but likely should be used only in removals as they could puncture bark.
What say ye?
Good disclaimer. I think some would say the bigger spikes will puncture the bark on your way up to the limbs you're worried about.

Can you get them sharper, say maybe like snowmobile studs? Hey maybe you can wear my crampons with your modded spikes, throw a pair of ice axes in, maybe a crossbow w/some cable, and we could come up with some trickey new moves. We'll call it freestyle tree removal.:hmm3grin2orange:

I'm not disin ya, just gettin silly. That is a good idea you made happen.

I wear Viberg caulk boots, I can limbwalk, walk on wet, frozen logs, whatever its all good.

Hey darkstar, I like that idea but do the heads of those bolts cause any discomfort on the bottom on your feet? In other words, can I stand on these for 10 hours with a pair of wescos and not feel any pain?

beowulf343 said:
Hey darkstar, I like that idea but do the heads of those bolts cause any discomfort on the bottom on your feet? In other words, can I stand on these for 10 hours with a pair of wescos and not feel any pain?

ya, i wonder the same i wear chippewa loggers and i wonder if that would hurt after a whole day of having my 160 lbs on them!

You could probably fabricate up a seperate bolt on spike plate that bolts on to your gaf pole bottoms with countersunk machine screws to increase comfort and still providing grip.

mike

Back