Lime ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdt7618

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Any one here burned Lime before ( the tree not the powder)

Have managed to get a load from a local authority take down, well te limbs anyway, the trees are still to be dropped.

Anyway it's free!

Same question on Horse Chestnut.

Both will be for next year.:)

Thanks in advance

Lime is quite light and the lime or bass wood we have here is about our least desriable hardwood to burn, very little heat and prone to rot once cut.

Chestnut has much more heat than lime, but kind of a shame to burn it as it has decent value as a woodworking wood.

thanks,

no choice, and to be honest it will be bucked up by the " Gardener's" anyway.

Well poor or not it's free.

thanks for the reply

You got that right, I don't go out of my way to cut it and i certainly would not pay anyone for it, but if it's in my way or is shading a nice maple or oak it goes in the wood pile.

so you need two sticks instead of one.

2 x free still = free

Here is the haul so far, about half of what I can get. This is just the limbs, the main trunk is yet to be felled.

this pil is about 3m long 1 m deep and about 1.5 m high.....

Timberwolf, you mentioned rot, I take it This will be ok till next year, if split and staked within air movement?

Split and piled no problem, just out so called lime rots pretty quick if left on the ground. Your stuff there looks different than the creamy lime wood we have. Maybe yours is better as fire wood. Does it have any weight to it or is it light?

Split and piled no problem, just out so called lime rots pretty quick if left on the ground. Your stuff there looks different than the creamy lime wood we have. Maybe yours is better as fire wood. Does it have any weight to it or is it light?

There was a bit of weight to it, but nothing like the beech that I have stacked for this year. like for like I would say about 70% as heavy for a similar size piece.

Best part is it is very clean. most of my wood is river wood. so will give me chance to try out the couple of RSC chains I have, normally would use semi cause of the dirty wood.

Latest posts

Back