littlest stihl?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

russ61

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
What was/is the smallest Stihl made,cc wise?Was it the 017?Looking for the next project.:dizzy:
russ

What was/is the smallest Stihl made,cc wise?Was it the 017?Looking for the next project.:dizzy:
russ
Are you wanting to know the smallest as far as modernish (late 80's to 90's or newer) saws or any stihl ever manufactured?

Currently, I think it might be the Stihl 192. That's the smallest one my dealer had on the shelf. Weighs about 7 lb dry and costs about $43 a pound.

He had a 14" bar on it, but said shorter ones are available. Looked like an awfully nice pruning saw that could cut 20" logs in a pinch.

LOL thats funny looking at it in terms of $ per lb. I think he meant cc wise not weight or physical size.

It does appear cc wise the 192 and the 170 are the same (30.1cc's).

Last edited:
Interesting per pound.Alway been told horsepower is like hamburger,you can have as much as you can buy!Wonder how an 090 would work out per pound?
Russ

Interesting per pound.Alway been told horsepower is like hamburger,you can have as much as you can buy!Wonder how an 090 would work out per pound?
Russ
Not sure about the 090, but my 361 came in at $49 a pound. That's based on the dry powerhead weight. Note that the 192 is a little cheaper.

You could buy two 192's for the price of a 361. On the other hand, when bucking a 28" log, I'm not sure that two 192's run by two men could keep up with one 361. :dizzy:

Hmmm.... Might be an interesting experiment, though. Neat idea for the lumberjack shows. David vs. Goliath?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back