lock it up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juststumps

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
lock your stuff down...just found out my $200 floor jack walked... who steals a floor jack??? landlords son asked to borrow jack on monday..said sure,, it wan't there....he knew it..spent all week asking people if they borrowed it.. nope...find a $50 peice of crap jack on my door step tonite...landlords son is brain dead--drinks 24/7..just found out tonight his crack head buddy was here sunday doing brakes...geuss where my jack is at....

I had a blower and a full gas can pinched last week. Taken from the truck while it sat in my in-laws driveway. Death to thieves. Personally I don't wish to kill them on the first offense-simply hyper-extend both elbows, break several fingers, ruin a knee and slam them repeatedly facefirst into the ground or a convenient wall. Don't... WHAM!..ever...WHAM!.. steal...WHAM!....The ....WHAM!...next....WHAM!... guy... WHAM!.. might...WHAM!....hurt....WHAM!.... you!

Have a nice day. :angel:

People who steal and people who don't pay their debts (same thing) are among those I hate the most.

Stealing :angry:
I hate people that steal need to get the s*** kicked out of them!
My borther had a couple of 2 by 4's that made a rectangle in the bed of his truck, so that nothing would roll around back there. And and someone stole it. Then he made the same thing and it got stolen again. Its only like 10 bucks go buy one gezzzz.

If yall see a one-legged tree climber, check :Eye: and see if he's wearing an old Buckingham.

I had one(!) spike stolen out of my truck. :blob5:

tags

im sure that this will be removed,

for my gear i got some tags. more for my growing collection of bits and bobs, yeah the tags can be removed as they are only sticky labels but if someone finds them they can be returned. mine have id numbers as well

jamie

i guess it's baseball season,,,,,time to get a bat, and swing away!!!!.. and just think, for years i never locked anything!!! never worried about getting ripped off at home....it's a new ball game now!!! batter up!!!!

thieving scum

well if someone nicks ya stuff and it has their contact details they are hardly gonna keep the sticky label on if they can get shot of it. sorta like robbing a bank and taking photos of the operation then flashing them around.

jamie

Juststumps-

Any results yet? Get your jack back yet?

I pulled the fuel tank on my truck, discovered I was not only blessed with sugar, but with ~5 gallons of water too. Someone doesn't like me.

2Coilinveins, funny thing happened.....my blue and white jack was in the barn....drunkard son used it last sunday to do brakes on his crack head buddies car.. the thing is gone... drunk, asks me if he can borrow it on monday...sure,, i'm easy.. it's missing..ask around [extended family,they borrow things,sometimes you gotta chase them down to return things] no one has it...find a new "jack in the box" on my door step..piece of crap jack....take the box next door,, leave a note on it "IF I DONT GET MY JACK BACK,, I'M BUYING A BASEBALL BAT,,, AND GONNA START SWINGING" find the shiney red crap jack on my door,, again...come home ,,today,,shiney red jack is gone.. look in the barn,, there's shiney red jack...and the blue and white jack is next to it!!!!!!!!!!god bless louiville slugger!!!

landlords drunk kid,, 47 yrs old.....he's shot, well done , pickled.......colin,,, hope you got your stuff running.....to bad some spineless bastard has to F with your stuff...didn't have the balls to get in your face......i'd much ratter take a punch...i can explain a black eye...much easier than,,,, my gear got trashed, and i couldn't show up on time.....

Jamie. I follow you now. -I thought that you meant that the post would be removed. With tags honest folk can return it . Many thieves are so stupid that they will leave the tags on but naturally the brighter ones will remove them. There is always hope though-the intermediate thieves will decide to remove the labels but use a grinder-Hopefully resulting in equipment failure that causes their death. :p

Juststumps-

Glad you got your jack back and didn't have to curb stomp anyone to make it happen.

I've got more than one truck, so it wasn't a huge deal, still got to the job on time. Got the F250 back together(locking gas cap this time!), all is well with it again. I know who sugared it and why, but can't see any advantage in confronting them about it. I did call the police and report it to get a case number and get the incident on record.

Most stores that make dog tags (PetSmart, PetCo, other pet shops maybe?) will put anything on the tag, not just the dog's name and other information. Use your contact info, they're good for gear bags, backpacks, key chains, etc. A Dremel used to engrave your name or driver's license number in equipment is good too.

Last year we had our strimmers and a blower stolen from our lock up. Bare in mind that the lock up is ~20' 10' 8' steel shead which had giant bolt holding the door closed. The containter is stealed behind 2 gates. About 8' high one toped with metal spikes. They still managed to get into the container admiditdly they had to use a gas axe to get in but it goes to show. People who want to steal things will.

Mr. Brushcutter-

You're absolutely right, anyone who wants your equipment bad enough will get it. Just destroying it is even easier. I'm glad people are stupid. Contrary to popular opinion, sugar doesn't disolve in gas, but it still makes a dandy abrasive. The hood on that F250 doesn't lock(at the moment, anyway). Sugar straight into the carburetor instead of the gas tank would have had me looking for another rat truck.

i need to get another rottwieler....biggest candy ass dog i ever had...but, nobody walzt's in the front door...they thought twice....it was the best dog,,,never had a problem when i had that dog...pit bull's,,, maybe i'll get one or two... not

A couple of years ago somebody stole a saw from me at my shop. I felt that I knew who did it, but couldn't prove it. The guy had means and motive. I ran into the guy tonight after having not seen him for a year or so. Right off the bat he's asking me where I keep my equipment, what I own now, and other such questions. I promptly ended that conversation.

Back