LOCUST....Is it worth it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Naked Arborist,

Well neither service owner is really my boss.
I get covered under both insurances with a temporary helper thing but as to getting paid lets just say i work for cash and hardwood :)
I do have a licence to cut but me having to provide that would also catch both me and both crews in the great canadian tax and insurance web.
They know i have it and i do :)

Works ok for both tree services to pay me cash And loose a little upfront on that.
In return they take on many more jobs in a day than they normally could, and the work for the crews is drop, brush and small limb shredding, quick clean and depart.
I follow up soon after with complete wood or wood and semi easy tree removal, quick clean and depart.

Trucks arrive now and then to my place with loads of really nice hardwood either set of guys cut when I'm not working or even off the season i work, so it's a great arrangment for all of us.
That makes up for those days of hauling crud.

Both crews have a pretty good idea if I'm having a total loss day hauling crud and it reflects at the end of the week in $.
All works out in the wash if I'm hauling crud or great hardwood, just not lots of motivation to have to haul crud. LOL
I have a giant firepit at home so hauling crud wood isn't a real biggie, just real big bonfires now and then or lots of shredding for the garden depending on how crappy it is.

If i cant get a sign at the front of the customers and the wood is semi decent then one usualy goes at the front of my place.
Lots of people pick it up that really cant afford wood or heat in the great Canadian tax experiment. :)
Free willow, box elder or pine VS cold is a pretty easy pick.

The way things are going you guys in the USA will be playing the same tax experiment games soon.

Last edited:
Back