Log delivery or pre-split fire wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems like oak is really down in price, just price a log truck delivery of saw logs, he guarantees that their will be a minimum of 8 cord. Delivered and unloaded to your door, 375.00 locally. Figures about 46.50 a cord off the top of my head. It still too high compared to free tops and cull logs for us.
We may do some later on as it gets warmer and specify all white/post oak and start selling two grades, with premium being all seasoned white oak at 90.00 cord delivered, and regular being a mix of red/white oak and hickory or hackberry. We sell walnut at 50.00 bucks a cord but will only do it for three or four customer's who are really struggling, even give some of it to them.
People just let the walnut tops rot around here or push them up and burn them, there's a lot worse wood on the BTU scale.

Seems like oak is really down in price, just price a log truck delivery of saw logs, he guarantees that their will be a minimum of 8 cord. Delivered and unloaded to your door, 375.00 locally. Figures about 46.50 a cord off the top of my head. It still too high compared to free tops and cull logs for us.
We may do some later on as it gets warmer and specify all white/post oak and start selling two grades, with premium being all seasoned white oak at 90.00 cord delivered, and regular being a mix of red/white oak and hickory or hackberry. We sell walnut at 50.00 bucks a cord but will only do it for three or four customer's who are really struggling, even give some of it to them.
People just let the walnut tops rot around here or push them up and burn them, there's a lot worse wood on the BTU scale.

Man that is cheap. I'll have $40 dollars into just a PU load by the time I buy breakfast and lunch for my two teenage sons when they help me. $375 for 8 log length cords delivered, I'll take that action. No more muddy PU, cut it at home, check in on the games or race at will. I'm just a personal user so that would work for me. REJ2

Man that is cheap. I'll have $40 dollars into just a PU load by the time I buy breakfast and lunch for my two teenage sons when they help me. $375 for 8 log length cords delivered, I'll take that action. No more muddy PU, cut it at home, check in on the games or race at will. I'm just a personal user so that would work for me. REJ2

I'm looking at getting 2 loads, mainly to get a year or so ahead...$350, the guy won't say for sure, but the last load I saw was to be about 7-8 cords.

A farm next to us has a huge OWB that he can dump 8' logs into to burn to heat his barns. He said the loads he gets in are about 22-23 cords a load and he is paying $75 a cord. But he is also getting 7-8 loads in at a time. That seems like a good price, seeing cut and split cords are going for the $150 range give or take $10-15.

can a truck even carry 23 full cord ? with the weight of the truck and green logs it would be over 130,000 +pounds
MD

Here in eastern Mass a 5 chord tri-ax load goes for about $400, which comes out to about $80 per chord. Unfortunately, it is getting hard to find it now-a-days. I had to wait 6 months since my last load before getting another one.

Does anyone know of a plentiful supply of log-length wood in eastern Mass?

I dont know of one in Mass .But the lumber yards are not buying now for the most part . you should be able to find someone with a little leg work ~

i sell cords of firewood length rounds, unseasoned un-split, green as green, for $100 each, and $140 split, green. not many people around here like getinn dirty, so i dont5 feel guilty taking $100 from them for 2 hours of work, why not?:clap: :greenchainsaw:

Latest posts

Back