Log splitter project!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, I finally finished the splitter and its more than I expected...fast and powerful, split anything I through at it!!!!!!!!!VERY HAPPY!!!!!!!!!

Here's some pics of the foot support, wanted to beef it up a bit.

IMG_0445.jpg

IMG_0447.jpg

Table's are done...hope the wood stays on it so I dont have to pick up every piece.

IMG_0458.jpg
IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0457.jpg

Who know's, might add a few things down the road.......

And thanks for all the kind words :)

Lookin' mighty spiffy!

The only thing missing is some protection for the hydraulic filter, and engine. If a piece gets away from you (and one will...) those are the targets they will aim for.

Last edited:
Great job! I especially like how you boxed and braced the plate of the splitter....very clever,and it added looks and strength....rep sent!

This build is great. It looks like one heck of a splitter!

I am teetering on the idea of fabricating a splitter vs. store bought and I just wanted to ask how much money you have invested in this thing (just a ballpark).

BTW nice landcruiser!

This build is great. It looks like one heck of a splitter!

I am teetering on the idea of fabricating a splitter vs. store bought and I just wanted to ask how much money you have invested in this thing (just a ballpark).

BTW nice landcruiser!

GPETER, I think I put out $1000 in everything but not including labor. Im lucky because I know a metal guy...got it really cheap!

If I was working full time job, I wouldnt have done it, lots of hours involved, but since Im part time buisness, I could do it....glad I did, its more than I expected.

Thanks.......P.S Oh, I love my landcruiser!!!

GPETER, I think I put out $1000 in everything but not including labor. Im lucky because I know a metal guy...got it really cheap!

If I was working full time job, I wouldnt have done it, lots of hours involved, but since Im part time buisness, I could do it....glad I did, its more than I expected.

Thanks.......P.S Oh, I love my landcruiser!!!

Yeah thats what I thought. If you can get parts for cheap then the project is cheap but if you have to buy everything at full price then your better off buying it complete...

Thanks for sharing this build!

Yeah thats what I thought. If you can get parts for cheap then the project is cheap but if you have to buy everything at full price then your better off buying it complete...

Thanks for sharing this build!

Not always! Sometimes the enjoyment of building it is worth something! Plus, you can put together what you feel like is the best no-compromise splitter for you.

Not always! Sometimes the enjoyment of building it is worth something! Plus, you can put together what you feel like is the best no-compromise splitter for you.

Very true, it was well worth it, made this splitter for some off-road situations, with bigger tire's, the high clearance works great...dirt roads, ditches, rocks, brush and road kill...lol

Up to date, I have split 3 cords so far, and it split everything. Its tows like a dream, take it with me when I go fuel wood cutting. Big rounds, no problem, just go to vertical mode and roll big oak rounds in to it.

So yes, for me this is a best, no compromise splitter that suite my needs.

hotstove011.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

Here's the splitter in action... big, black oak rounds that I cut with the MS660...man they were heavy to move around, soaking wet, but easy to split.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rvCZYTGV-DU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rvCZYTGV-DU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Latest posts

Back