Log Splitter project

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMTM

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
First off...Great site!

After using my friends Timberwolf TW 5 I had to have one, so I decided to build my own with out the $7k price tag.

Let me know what you think

DSC_0272.jpg

DSC_0273.jpg

DSC_0274.jpg

DSC_0276.jpg

DSC_0275.jpg

Ready for paint
DSC_0280.jpg

Finished
DSC_0283.jpg

DSC_0289.jpg

That's a good looking splitter. How does it perform?

BTW - welcome to Arboristsite!

Al :cheers:

I've only used it for about 1/2 cord so far and it runs like a champ, cycle time is just under 12 seconds. I plan on adding some diamond plate to the pusher and I should have the four way wedge done by next weekend.

Looks Good!!!! Are your log catchers removable? looks like they will be in the way when towing? Awesome job!!!

Yep they are removable, see the photo prior to the one showing the catchers.

Looks overbuilt. The best kind and you won't find that build quality on most store bought splitters. What brand is that engine and HP?

Looks overbuilt. The best kind and you won't find that build quality on most store bought splitters. What brand is that engine and HP?

No such thing as overbuild:)

"if in doubt make it stout"

Engine is a Honda 11hp GX 340 with a 16 GPM pump.

No including my labor I have just under $1300 invested:clap:

Thing looks good Only thing I don't like is having the engine facing the back. That leaves the hydro pump sorta vonarable if you a spliting a big piece and it falls. It also sends the exhaust to were you are standing running the control. Other then that it looks good and very sturdy.

Back